• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie math

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Unfair to charge retroactive payments for patients who transfer to higher class wards​

APR 18, 2024

Last week, my mother, who is 98 years old and frail, was admitted to the high-dependency ward in Singapore General Hospital (SGH) as a Class C patient. Unfortunately, her experience there was far from conducive to her recovery. The ward, accommodating five patients, was consistently noisy, with frequent disturbances from phone usage, visitor traffic, and monitor alarms. As a result, my mother found it difficult to rest and became increasingly stressed.
One week later, SGH transferred her to a general ward. In a general ward, there are A1 (one patient to a room), B1 (six to a room) and C (eight to a room) classes available. My family believed that a quieter environment would greatly benefit her well-being and recovery, and so opted for A1.
But we were told that if she were to be moved to a single-occupancy room, the bill for her earlier stay as a Class C patient would be retroactively changed to reflect her new Class A1 status, effectively doubling the amount payable. While we understand the need for different charges for different classes of patients, based on amenities and services provided, we find retroactive charging illogical and unfair.
A patient should be charged Class C rates for the period she stayed in a Class C ward, not Class A1 rates for services and amenities she did not consume. All the more so for patients who had no choice but to opt for a quieter ward to rest and recover faster.
Retro-charging places an unnecessary financial burden on families already grappling with the emotional and physical challenges of caring for their loved ones. I hope that SGH or the Ministry of Health will review its policy regarding retroactive payment for ward transfers and consider removing this anomaly.
That would alleviate financial strain on families and ensure that patients can access the appropriate level of care without undue financial penalty.

David Kong

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Forum: Illogical to charge highest room rate for earlier stay when patients transfer to higher ward​

APR 22, 2024

I agree with the points raised by Mr David Kong (Retroactive charging for higher ward transfers unfair, April 18).
This is an issue that others and I have encountered at government hospitals on numerous occasions.
The practice of charging the highest room rate for different ward classes earlier used is illogical and unfair. It is akin to saying someone who takes a long journey with various segments in coach, second class and first class should be charged the first-class rate for the entire journey.
Do other countries practise this form of charging? What is the justification? Perhaps this issue can be debated in a public forum or in Parliament.

Leong Horn Kee (Dr)

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinki Maths ish

1. Flexi hour no need to work. Wait for Gov send them to skillfuture and receive CDC vouchers

2. Buy a 250k 2rm BTO and flip for 500k after MOP

3. Weekend buy toto. If heng heng tio, becum Overnight Millionaries, else continue to suck thumb