• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Actress Hong Huifang Nominated For Best Actress Award For Golden Horse Awards! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1664276712260.png

Singapore film Ajoomma has been nominated this year for a slew of awards in Taiwan’s Golden Horse Awards – dubbed the Oscars of Chinese-language cinema – including Best Leading Actress for Mediacorp’s very own Hong Huifang.

Ajoomma, the highly anticipated film about a Korean drama-obsessed widow from Singapore trying to find new purpose in life and ends up getting lost in Korea, has clinched a total of four major nominations.

This includes Best New Director and Best Original Screenplay for Singaporean first-time feature film director He Shuming, as well as Best Supporting Actor for Korean actor Jung Dong-hwan.

1664276742695.png

He and Hong watched the nomination announcement together at Summer Hill restaurant right after an interview with CNA Lifestyle, and was screaming with joy when their names were announced. Both admitted they were nervous before the nominations, but felt that their movie was already a reward for all their hard work.

Hong was beyond ecstatic and incredibly thankful.

“First, I want to thank my director (He) Shuming and producers Anthony (Chen) and (Huang) Wenhong for believing in me and giving me such a wonderful role to act in,” Hong told CNA immediately after the nominations were announced live at 5.30pm on Tuesday (Sep 27).

“It was a role that I could immerse myself in a character, allowing me to showcase my 40 years of acting experience on the big screen.”

“I really feel that my life and career have been worth living for all these years for this very special moment,” shared the 61-year-old actress.

“I have no regrets in choosing this profession and dedicating my life to acting.”

1664276771831.png

She added: “I also really want to thank my family, friends and fans who have always supported me through it all. Thank you! Thank you!”

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasi...-actress-nomination-ajoomma-he-shuming-330191

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 162533

Singapore film Ajoomma has been nominated this year for a slew of awards in Taiwan’s Golden Horse Awards – dubbed the Oscars of Chinese-language cinema – including Best Leading Actress for Mediacorp’s very own Hong Huifang.

Ajoomma, the highly anticipated film about a Korean drama-obsessed widow from Singapore trying to find new purpose in life and ends up getting lost in Korea, has clinched a total of four major nominations.

This includes Best New Director and Best Original Screenplay for Singaporean first-time feature film director He Shuming, as well as Best Supporting Actor for Korean actor Jung Dong-hwan.

View attachment 162534

He and Hong watched the nomination announcement together at Summer Hill restaurant right after an interview with CNA Lifestyle, and was screaming with joy when their names were announced. Both admitted they were nervous before the nominations, but felt that their movie was already a reward for all their hard work.

Hong was beyond ecstatic and incredibly thankful.

“First, I want to thank my director (He) Shuming and producers Anthony (Chen) and (Huang) Wenhong for believing in me and giving me such a wonderful role to act in,” Hong told CNA immediately after the nominations were announced live at 5.30pm on Tuesday (Sep 27).

“It was a role that I could immerse myself in a character, allowing me to showcase my 40 years of acting experience on the big screen.”

“I really feel that my life and career have been worth living for all these years for this very special moment,” shared the 61-year-old actress.

“I have no regrets in choosing this profession and dedicating my life to acting.”

View attachment 162535

She added: “I also really want to thank my family, friends and fans who have always supported me through it all. Thank you! Thank you!”

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasi...-actress-nomination-ajoomma-he-shuming-330191

wonder how much MediaCORPSE paid to kelong this thing.................she's a very ordinary actress...............go Hong Kong at the most become calefare............

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wonder how much MediaCORPSE paid to kelong this thing.................she's a very ordinary actress...............go Hong Kong at the most become calefare............

This shows you how much foreigners appreciate good sinkie acting.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she is there to make up the numbers. Taiwanese home made movies are crap. They cannot promote too much HK movies.
she has fierce competitor:

1664282836570.png

surprise she is not in, maybe because she ah tiong
1664282960524.png

1664283005005.png

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong HuiFang is a big joke, can't act for nuts. Same goes for all the rest of the Mediacock actors / actresses....
None is able to stand a chance to act in any of HK's TVB Cantonese series...

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
She has a good chance of winning.

If I'm not wrong the Golden Horse Award is now relegated to a largely local affair like MediaCorp's fame awards, so out of courtesy & protocol I would expect them to allocate a few prizes to the few outsiders.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1665054554103.png

Majulah PAP!

BUSAN – Veteran Singapore actress Hong Huifang said she remained excited after walking the red carpet at a film festival in South Korea.

The 61-year-old, who stars in the film Ajoomma, is attending the Busan International Film Festival (Biff) in South Korea, which is on till Oct 14.

Produced by award-winning Singapore film-maker Anthony Chen and helmed by first-time feature director He Shuming, Ajoomma will hold its world premiere at the Biff on Friday.

It is also the first Singapore-South Korea co-produced feature film and the first Singapore film, since Eric Khoo’s Mee Pok Man (1995) and Royston Tan’s 15 (2003), to be selected for New Currents, which is the main competition section at the festival.

Ajoomma marks Hong’s first leading role in a feature film and will open in Singapore cinemas on Oct 27.

Hong, who wore a dark evening dress on Wednesday, was accompanied on the red carpet by He and her co-star Kang Hyung-suk. Her husband, actor-producer Zheng Geping, was walking near them.

“There were many Singapore movie friends present,” Hong was quoted by Shin Min Daily News as saying. “I was really touched when they clapped and cheered for us.”

She also shared on social media photos and videos of her on the red carpet and after-event party.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/e...ted-to-walk-red-carpet-at-busan-film-festival

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
She has a good chance of winning.

If I'm not wrong the Golden Horse Award is now relegated to a largely local affair like MediaCorp's fame awards, so out of courtesy & protocol I would expect them to allocate a few prizes to the few outsiders.
All the cretins started to get nods and mentions when China banned the event categorically. Check the previous years - ppl like Hong hui fang would never come close within hair’s breath to gracing the event if China had stayed put. The Chinese left a vacuum that can’t be filled