• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singkieland Opposition Coalition

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition parties DPP, PPPP, RP to sign resolution on unity

At least three opposition parties have decided to sign a resolution on greater opposition unity, following a meeting on July 28 in which seven opposition parties discussed forming a coalition led by former People's Action Party (PAP) MP Tan Cheng Bock.

The document, which was circulated ahead of the coalition meeting, calls for the opposition parties to resolve to "establish the interests of our nation over and beyond the interests of any one political party, family or individual", according to a copy obtained by The Straits Times.

Leaders of the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), People's Power Party and Reform Party (RP) said their top decision-making bodies met after the meeting, and gave the nod to signing the resolution.

A spokesman for the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), which organised the meeting and proposed the resolution, said in response to queries from The Straits Times that "the process of the signing of the resolution (by parties) is ongoing".

The resolution also expresses concern about one-party rule in Singapore and says the parties should "commit to working towards greater opposition unity in order that Singaporeans are presented with a meaningful choice at elections".

However, it does not set out a concrete action plan for the parties to come together and makes no mention of Dr Tan. Opposition leaders said that further meetings will be needed before a more detailed plan can be agreed on and unveiled.

Still, DPP secretary-general Ben Pwee said that signing the resolution "is an important step in getting the many small parties to publicly express their willingness to get behind one key leader as a coalition".

"Past efforts have been merely horse-trading, with no one party willing to subsume behind another, and everyone jostling to be treated as equals. Signing such a resolution with the expressed public possibility of being led by Tan Cheng Bock also shows the very first time everyone is willing to accept the leadership of one leader," he added.

RP chairman Andy Zhu said although "terms are not laid out" in the resolution, signing it signals that the parties are ready to talk about further collaboration.

He saw it as a more concrete development than previous talks between various parties to form coalitions, which did not bear fruit.

Meanwhile, some of the other parties that were at last month's meeting have not decided if they will sign the document.

Singapore First Party secretary-general Tan Jee Say said his party's central executive committee had not reached a decision on it.

He added: "I don't see any issue (with) the resolution, but neither do I see any urgency to sign it. We have already indicated our commitment to opposition unity (by attending the meeting)."

Also at the meeting were the National Solidarity Party and its former chief, Mr Lim Tean, who has applied to form a new party - the People's Voice Party. They could not be reached for comment.

Dr Tan was invited to lead the coalition by SDP secretary-general Chee Soon Juan, but he has not indicated if he will do so. In a Facebook post on July 29, he said the seven parties had asked for his help, adding: "I think I must help but in what capacity, I have not decided."

• he Straits Times
  • 24 Aug 2018
  • Tham Yuen-C Senior Political Correspondent

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a comment,,,this article was really not hugely 'promoted' in the mainstream media. Nothing was said on CNA and was mentioned in the shitty times under the 'premium' category. So this identifies that the Oppos need to use social media more to get their message across. If not the oppos will be back to square 1 again

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand this arrangement.

They think they wanna do a Dr Mad-coalition and think it will actually work in SG? Boy these clowns have got something coming.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
If ex or some present MIW jump ship then it would definitely helps the OPP camp.
Depends on who,,,,if its the 'Good' pap former MPs like Tan Soo Khoon, Wong Kai Yuen and David Lim etc it will help,,if its like DisgraceFool, Teo Ser Luck, Bandung Baey etc,,,opposition might as well surrender

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN if oppie really wants to take over they need to do more besides talk convincing - hardwork to lay down in details what they intend to change and how is it to be done (like my uncle) KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN if oppie really wants to take over they need to do more besides talk convincing - hardwork to lay down in details what they intend to change and how is it to be done (like my uncle) KNN
KNN their whitepaper need to be very verg detail, eg after takeover what is their first move, how is it to be carried out and state all the anticipated impact it has on sinkie. only by doing this then there is a possibility of taking back sg KNN no matter how convincing you talk on stage or video or how good capable any candidate is meaningless if there is no proposed solutions indicated KNN

Last edited:

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal

The tiewing kanning fucking of your arsehole and arseholes of your entire family not convincing enough for you?
The laffing and laffing of those maggots maggotesses in white on way to banks and back from banks enchanting and delighting you?

That FTs can rip singapore flag can get away with it and nothing will happen?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tiewing kanning fucking of your arsehole and arseholes of your entire family not convincing enough for you?
The laffing and laffing of those maggots maggotesses in white on way to banks and back from banks enchanting and delighting you?

That FTs can rip singapore flag can get away with it and nothing will happen?
KNN not for my uncle lah is for sinkies kopi uncle KNN and KNN when stating solutions do not give vague and suspicious things like pap say vers hip without saying who is going to pay for it KNN

Last edited: