• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore uncle tortured by Chinese communist and had to run road to Singapore

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal

Meet the 80-year-old joss paper seller who fled Chinese Communist in China for a life in Singapore​

The hungry ghost festival is marked in red on Nan Seng Chan’s calendar. Every year, the 55-year-old shop stocks up on joss sticks, incense papers and candles at least 30 days before the seventh lunar month starts.

Once the goods arrive, hard work ensues. Ng Cheng Hun, the shop’s 80-year-old founder, starts work as early as 4am. The residents of Macpherson had asked that he synced his hours with the wet market vendors.

Even in “off-peak” seasons, the shop opens for business by 7.30am without fail. It runs like clockwork daily, only stopping to catch its breath during the lunar new year break. That gives Ng a grand total of three rest days every year.

Asked if the past decades had taken a toll on him, he smiled and said: “The darkest time of my life has passed”.

ENDURING THE GREAT CHINESE COMMUNIST REVOLUTION

Ng was born in Fujian, China, and his journey to Singapore started with a passport and one US dollar.

In the 1950s, Mao Zedong’s newly formed People’s Republic of China was underway. Ng’s father took off with his entire family and left him, the eldest son, behind to guard the family altar and care for his grandmother.

“Being left behind in the raging Cultural Revolution was gruelling,” he recalled. “Life was brutal. For three years, my grandmother and I had nothing to eat.”

The duo survived on a measly diet of potatoes, and their substitute for vegetables was cow and pig feed. As far as supplies went, the authorities would issue each family a large barrel. It contained one bowl of rice grains and the rest was all water.

In school, Ng attended physical education classes on an empty stomach. After dismissal, his journey home took hours on foot. He knew only two things for sure – that he could reunite with his grandmother in the evening, and she would have saved him the entire bowl of rice.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Every evening, she sat and waited for my shadow to emerge around the corner. I had rice while she survived mostly on water,” Ng teared up as he recalled his grandmother’s sacrifice. “Grandmothers usually dote on the eldest grandson. She loved me the most, yet she insisted that I left her.”

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
His grandmother’s single mindedness came on the back of China’s political turmoil. People were dying of hunger, and she feared they would suffer a similar fate if they remained sitting ducks. It took everything in her to make him flee communist China, and even more for the 17-year-old to oblige. The eye-watering price he made for freedom pains him to this day. She was 98 when he left her.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
1664026460246.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not an original Chinese migrant. The original ones came during the Qing dynasty, pigtails intact. Long before the CCP commies were in charge.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not an original Chinese migrant. The original ones came during the Qing dynasty, pigtails intact. Long before the CCP commies were in charge.
before qing, there were song refugees, deserters, sea traders, fishermen, pirates who formed villages and settlements in south east asia. then came migrants from yuan, and then ming. during ming, pirate bases in south east asia sexpanded. the ming navy was strengthened partially to quell piracy in the south china sea.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
before qing, there were song refugees, deserters, sea traders, fishermen, pirates who formed villages and settlements in south east asia. then came migrants from yuan, and then ming. during ming, pirate bases in south east asia sexpanded. the ming navy was strengthened partially to quell piracy in the south china sea.
The Ming dynasty road runners mate locally and gave birth to baba and Nonya

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Ming dynasty road runners mate locally and gave birth to baba and Nonya
at that time, native minahs didn’t wear bra. those pussies with big tits were grabbed first. gave them a silk cloth could grab all sisters and mother in law too. gave them a tea set could grab the whole village of pussies.