• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Woman who suffered noise from HDB neighbour upstairs for three years lost sleep, job

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Woman who suffered noise from neighbour upstairs for three years lost sleep, job​

1646750708198.png

level 2
minisoo

·7 hr. ago

Likewise. Neighbours moved in last year, new tenant, and seemed to have incredible strength 24/7, banging doors even in the middle of the night. Woken my family up on several occasions, raised the issues, to date no resolution. It’s really frustrating because even if you move to a new place, the same shit can happen and the law doesn’t help much if at all.
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 2
khaosdd

·10 hr. ago

Suffered for 3 - 4 years and still in the process of suffering from the family upstairs every single day. Kid always skate scootering on his metal skate scooter at home, banging, shouting gibberish and crying past midnight from 8pm daily. Has special needs according to his parents.
Will be moving out soon but in the meantime, yep, suck thumb. (and I'm also conditioned nowadays to become extremely triggered when there are other sources of foreign noise from elsewhere at home. Figured it's the psychological impact from the constant exposure)
ReplyGive Award
ReportSaveFollow

level 3
freexfleur

·9 hr. ago

Same here. Exact same situation. The kids would drop or bang heavy objects on the floor. Doors are also banged quite regularly. I do not mind running and screaming sounds - it is the sudden heavy thuds and crashes on the floor that get me. When we went up to speak to them --- their relative told us to be more understanding because their kids are very young... But the truth is we were for the past year until we could no longer take it and went up just last week.
I am a light sleeper and I get jolted from my sleep. I also couldn't wind down and watch television in peace every evening and on weekends. :( Still pity the parents though - they looked absolutely tired too! Now we can only wait for the kids to grow up...