• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - 'Why should I raise prices?' Hawker in Mountbatten has been selling $2.50 kway chap for 11 years

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
121223_kway%20chap_shin%20min.jpg

Even amid rising cost of living, one hawker has insisted on keeping the price of his kway chap low ever since his stall opened 11 years ago.

With an attractive price starting from just $2.50 for a set meal, Feng Ji Kway Chap, located at Jalan Batu Hawker Centre, draws long queues daily.

Despite the rising costs he faces in running his business, Sheng Feng shared that he has never thought of passing the cost onto his customers.

"Why should I raise my prices? It is possible to sell kway chap for $2.50 without changing the portion sizes," he said.

By selling his fares at a low price, he can still profit by selling a greater quantity of kway chap sets, he added. Plus, the affordable price has become part of the stall's brand.

But the hawker admitted that it would be hard to make a living if every diner were to purchase the $2.50 set meal only.

"The $2.50 set meal is one of the choices available for those who don't eat a lot and wish to save money. However, my stall offers other food options as well," said Sheng Feng.

Thankfully, most diners would order additional ingredients such as pig intestines, said the hawker, adding that most diners would pay an average of $5 for their meal.

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/w...erral&utm_campaign=A1+trending&utm_content=c5

fortunehunter :​

They sell at a loss ah cause heard those sell 5 dollar one earn less than 29 cents

lupster :​

Loss your head la

Joseph12 :​

After all the old timers go, the corporations will get involved in the UNESCO heritage food industry and sell you this for say $12 a bowl

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may not raise your price but no stopping you from lowering the portion served.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at these SPH propagandists. "There is little or no inflation! Don't worry about the cost of living!" :rolleyes:

lostvirgin

Alfrescian
Loyal
By selling his fares at a low price, he can still profit by selling a greater quantity of kway chap sets, he added. Plus, the affordable price has become part of the stall's brand.
Oh dear, anything with the word Batu is going for the high volume business model.