• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - ST journalist "Salma Khalik doing the Lord’s work by calling out MOH’s ruling"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1656223199894.png

[–]brandon_den_sg 26 points 2 hours ago
Salma Khalik doing the Lord’s work by calling out MOH’s ruling.
She wrote an article earlier last month detailing another patient who is unable to afford her cancer treatment after her insurance refused to pay for her treatment, which thankfully had good Samaritans stepping in to help.

[–]dmkw88 6 points 2 hours ago
I usually find her articles thought-provoking

[–]Comprefyingly 4 points an hour ago
Props to her. She’s been at it for a long time and knows how to avoid toe-stepping w a notoriously criticism-adverse bureaucracy

[–]singledesperateugly 3 points 2 hours ago*
How many real journalists are left in SPH and Mediacorp? Or are we just left with copy and paste bots?

[–]Comprefyingly 5 points an hour ago
They’re a dying breed, indeed. We should appreciate those left fighting the good fight.

[–]cernanthm 34 points 3 hours ago
Galaxy brain MOH:
"If more people die of cancer, the fewer we need to pay for!"
Everything this government does makes perfect sense once you understand that the PAP hates poor people.

[–]singledesperateugly 20 points 3 hours ago*
We have money to pay full time mayors salary to part timers (who are already drawing salaries from other positions) but we don't have money to pay life saving drugs to people!
One mayor salary = 660k
660,000/20k = 33 months of Mr Zhang medicine

[–]annoyed8 22 points 3 hours ago
While I do sympathise with Mr Zhang and hope his appeal to MOH is successful, this comment makes no sense. Medishield integrated shield plans are paid for by our own CPF, contributing towards an insurance pool that includes other insurees like yourself.

[–]cernanthm 21 points 2 hours ago
I dunno. Over the last couple years I've come to feel like paying for insurance isn't worth it anymore. The new rules from MOH which insist on defining stuff in overly narrow scopes have made my insurance company consistently deny coverage despite them advertising that same fucking coverage 10 years ago before I signed up. In the few times when insurance did pay, it took the private doctor to use some borderline fraudulent codes and make the insurer recognize it was 'medically necessary'.
Why the fuck am I paying the premiums just so some drone at AIA can use a copy-paste template to deny my coverage?
It's just sad. Our healthcare is emulating the American system's more and more, and it's adopting all of the bad sides of it and none of the good.

[–]singledesperateugly 2 points 3 hours ago
If MOH is concerned about the Medishield Premiums, they can come out with a rider or whatever plans that is exclusive to these patients so that they have access such off labels drugs that is partially funded by government and so that it does not impact others.