• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - S$14,000 for a dog, S$12,000 for a cat: Are pedigree pets in Singapore getting even more expensive?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://cnaluxury.channelnewsasia.com/obsessions/pedigree-pet-dog-cat-prices-singapore-193946

level 1
desewer

·15 hr. ago

Before covid I got myself a pedigree cat (exotic shorthair) from a facebook breeder at an “adoption fee” of $2k. High ses breeder, stay at bukit timah area super big house. After I brought it home, I started to observe a lot of weird behaviour. It was peeing all over my flat and even on my laptop.

It also could not exhibit normal cat behaviour for its age. For example, it cannot catch a string toy that was bouncing around in front of its face?

Sensing something was wrong I had it checked by 2 separate vets and got a report saying that it had some form of mental retardation issue, I can’t recall the exact words used.

I then knew that I had been scammed by the seller/breeder. After realising she cannot use this to breed more offspring she offloaded it to unsuspecting adopters like me.
Then the jigsaw started to piece together. Reluctant to let me view and play with the cat for more than 5 minutes before buying. Cannot arrange for daytime viewing and only available at night. In fact when I did some digging and observations I realised that this person even had domestic helpers to care for the cat and her other breeding pets. The helper revealed to me that this cat had such peeing and development issues and that the breeder/owner doesn’t even play with them. They are just money making machines for her.

And she had the cheek to accuse me for being responsible for the cat’s issues after I adopted it, saying that “it grew up in a good Christian home and had no such behavioral issues” thereby implying that me not being Christian had something to do with the cat’s behavioral issues.