• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Ho Ching speaks out on Temasek's US$275 million loss in FTX, saying "Temasek can afford to be contrarian"

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contrarians technically has an unacceptable contradicting point of view which is contrary to the Top Notch Funds Managers wisdom.

If it was her private asset, she has every right to claim such loses are afforable for her.

Temasek assests are NOT her grandfather asset to make such reckless statement. Remember, it was similar to the controversial statement of Madam Tan Choo Leng (2G spouse of ex-PM Mr. Goh Chok Tong who defended that NKF's CEO T. T. Durai was considered "peanuts" as compared to NKF scandal that . Her remark was subsequently met with negative reactions from many Singaporeans.

I am foreseeing similar scenario here as Ho Ching was not apologetic for the failure but giving a rude remark as if such loss is affordable for Singaporeans.

It is a FAILURE on her part
1, Because of a woman headship .
2. CECA leadership under her are prone to errors in the time and history.
3. CECA could not assess the risks properly and Ho Ching should have put proper checks and balances and make sure the risks are mitigated properly.
4. It is her failure as Mr. Changrasegara pillai did not manage well.

More to come

Last edited:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bitch thinks we are stupid like her husband. The loss on FTX is not because of a contrarian position.

It is simply incompetence and zero accountability issue.

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember invested in Merrill lynch boa lost 3 amk new towns. Jinx consistent performance: losses after losses . Can crawl back those bozo"s salaries in TH?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is partially correct: Temasek is rich enough to make these 'strategic losses'.

It is not the first time, and won't be the last time, Temasek loses money.

However, the jury is out if it was more than just a financial matter. :cool:

iwFMS8J1cRtB.jpeg

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
This what happens when ownself check ownself.

$275m investment and they cannot find anything when the company has such blatant governance gaps, what real problems can we expect PAP to find when they check themselves?

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
This what happens when ownself check ownself.

$275m investment and they cannot find anything when the company has such blatant governance gaps, what real problems can we expect PAP to find when they check themselves?
The question is on what basis did the Temasek management approved the investment in FTX? Any procedural check and due diligence carried out before the approval?
Any investment does carry a risk, but no one is allowed to invest without any proper due diligence .

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, the investigation should be led by Pritam Singh & his Team, also include Leong Mun Wai.
Only after being carefully scrutinize by them, will the Public trust that Temasek really acted in good faith
No point again "Ownself investigate Ownself" & sweep everything under the carpet

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal

C. The Alameda Silo​

#23. Alameda Research LLC prepared consolidated financial statements on a quarterly basis. To my knowledge, none of these financial statements have been audited. The September 30, 2022 balance sheet for the Alameda Silo shows $13.46 billion in total assets as of its date. However, because this balance sheet was unaudited and produced while the Debtors were controlled by Mr. Bankman-Fried, I do not have confidence in it and the information therein may not be correct as of the date stated.​

D. The Ventures Silo​

#28. To my knowledge, Debtors Clifton Bay Investments, LLC and FTX Ventures Ltd. prepared financial statements on a quarterly basis. The September 30, 2022 balance sheet for Debtor Clifton Bay Investments LLC shows assets with a total value of $1.52 billion as of its date, and the September 30, 2022 balance sheet for FTX Ventures Ltd. shows assets with a total value of $493 million as of its date. To my knowledge, none of these financial statements have been audited. Because these balance sheets were unaudited and produced while the Debtors were controlled by Mr. Bankman-Fried, I do not have confidence in them, and the information therein may not be correct as of the date stated.​

It so easy to pass due diligent test from Temasick, financial statements not been audited get accepted.

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy always seen holding conversations with women folks why??

He is always seen with Madam Ho, and he is a sympathizer with Madam Ho and others/
Does the noun SIMP more appropriate to him as well as he got a feminine voice as well.

If madam Ho not available, he is seen with other women at Temasek.
I wonder if he is cisgendered?

He is paid BIG SUM to gamble away. He is tasked to do money Laundering and gambling our funds.
  1. For Money laundering he is protected under the SG law from any criminal investigations
  2. But for Gambling there is no protection for any loss
  3. He is boldened when Madam Ho said Temasek is contrarian to accept such loss.
  4. This is NOT her grandfather's funds and Dhillon's grandfather's funds either.

1673802104025.jpeg

Last edited: