• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] -EDMWer's son smashed the new Samsung tablet he gave him because it not an Ipad

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[IMG alt="yperic"]https://forums-media.fuckwarezone.com.sg/data/avatars/m/108/108004.jpg?1616641768[/IMG]

yperic :​

My son broke his brand new Samsung tablet in a fit of rage. It had been a gift from me – a reward for completing his studies with an impressive grade. But it seemed that my son was expecting an Apple iPad instead and was very disappointed with the Samsung tablet.

I was in shock as he threw the tablet across the room and it smashed into pieces. He was crying and angry and wouldn’t calm down. I was so disappointed in him, but my heart was also filled with sympathy. I knew he was just a child and had been expecting something he thought he deserved.

After a few minutes of calming down, I looked my son in the eyes and asked him why he had done it. He explained that he didn’t want the Samsung tablet; he wanted an iPad instead. I explained to him that I had thought the Samsung tablet was a great gift and that it would serve him well. But he was adamant that the iPad was the only device he wanted.

At this point, I was at a loss. I knew that if I caved in and bought him an iPad, it would set a bad precedent and he would expect to get everything he wanted from now on. But I also wanted to make him happy.

I finally decided to take a different approach. I explained to my son that he had to learn to be grateful for what he had and appreciate the gifts he received, even if they weren’t exactly what he wanted. I told him that if he was patient and worked hard, he could eventually save up the money to buy an iPad himself.

My son seemed to understand and apologized for breaking the tablet. We agreed to put the money I had intended to spend on the iPad towards a savings account for him so that he could eventually buy an iPad himself.

My wife disagreed
She said I should have beat the S out of my son. Now that I have educated my son I am quarrelling with my wife.

My wife said I should not spoil him and still agree for him to get an Ipad in the future.

Her logic is there must be consequences to every negative action, But I don’t feel like doing any physical things to him.

Now I’m stuck between what should I do?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Android tablets are a waste of time. If you insist on a non-Apple tablet, get a Windows 'hybrid' laptop and tablet e.g. Surface.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wife should have beaten the shit out of the beta husband. It's called killing the chickens to scare the monkeys.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The son is a spoiled brat n he's doom to fail in his adult life...
The Samsung tablet could @least be used as a chopping board in the kitchen...

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the dad was smart, he would have gotten the base cheapest Apple iPad which I got for $400. A Samsung tablet… will probably cost about $300 or more. For the sake of saving $100, this clown dad created his own drama where everyone got unhappy. This is a teachable moment for all morons in here.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giving a gift is a privilege, not an entitlement. If the son had studied hard & obtained good grades, it is due to encouragement & environment - parents, teachers, peers. It is for his own future, & hope that such had long been made clear to the son.

At times, perhaps the child needs motivation to study hard, & a dangled gift had been used by his parents to motivate him. Perhaps it should had been made clear to the son what is his near term reward at the start of the pep talk, to DISCUSS with him what he wants, then when the achievement had been made, the reward is what he & his parents had discussed. Failure to do so will only disappoint the son, worse in his formative years as what was done to him, will sadly be repeated when he grows up, as it is from our parents that we learnt from, to be who we are when matured.

Nevertheless, what had happened had happened. No point in crying over spilt milk. We mortals cant change the past, but we can change our future, by making mistakes, learning from such, correct them in order to progress. The son's journey is still long, there's always another year of achievement with promises to be made. At least the father had been patient with him. Instead of physical harm as the wife had suggested, he managed to TALK & discuss with him, to cool him down & made him realize his errors - that is the most critical & important lesson to a kid, which his wife must learn.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he is a Samsung fanboy or was influenced by the pushy Samsung sales person at the store. :biggrin:
boy is not stupid like his dad. he must have figured out too that his dad is a moron thus the outburst. i would not just throw a fit but also slap anyone who buys me a samsung, huawei, xiaomi, or pixel device.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kids are not stupid, they know exactly who they can punk around with.

The fact that the boy actually dared to shit on his father's face indicates the guy must have been a loser and weakling in the mind of his son. In the absence of further teaching moments upon entering the society, the kid is likely screwed with this type of father.

The father must be quite jialat in real life - his son whacks him like a dog, his wife scolds him like a beta and the only thing he can do is to post on fuckwarezone to try and justify his screw up and seek advice from a bunch of strangers in a forum.