• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Serious discussion ] what are the options for almost 10 year old car?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scrap, buy new? Or get new coe, or rent? Please don't suggest public transport. This is for a 3 generation family. Need transport for old people, kids and work. so public transport out of the question.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can afford, why not new car.
Scrap you car and get some money for down payment.
But I think for me will be 2nd hand car
if the COE keeps rising.
I still have 2 1/2 years more to go.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scrap, buy new? Or get new coe, or rent? Please don't suggest public transport. This is for a 3 generation family. Need transport for old people, kids and work. so public transport out of the question.

buy used car, about 40K can get quite decent car last few more years, some more you get 10k plus from your old car and at the end of life of second car you still can get some cash back so all in all you spend about 20K

by then you might win sweep jackpot then it won't be problem to ask any more

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Make an 'accident' and claim insurance for it.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
buy used car, about 40K can get quite decent car last few more years, some more you get 10k plus from your old car and at the end of life of second car you still can get some cash back so all in all you spend about 20K

by then you might win sweep jackpot then it won't be problem to ask any more

Buy 2nd car and new installment $$/month are about same.
If buy 2nd car eg. left 3 year. You will face with scaping car in mind. My suggestion if can buy new one or don't buy if can't afford.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If car still runs good, heard you can renew COE for 5 years. My option is for new car, but the prices of COE are just ridiculous. Don't even want to think about buying new car for the time being, it sucks.

Cheers!