• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Senior policeman demoted for torturing woman in theft investigation

Concorde

Alfrescian
Loyal

Senior policeman demoted for torturing woman in theft investigation

Thanh Nien News
TAY NINH - Saturday, November 07, 2015 17:00

thu_JZMP.jpg

Lai Thi Thu shows bruises on her leg on October 26, a week after being tortured by police officer Ly Cong Van on October 19, 2015. Photo credit: VTC News

Police in Tay Ninh Province on Friday said they will demote a senior officer who tortured a woman in custody last month during a theft investigation.

Lieutenant Colonel Ly Cong Van will be reduced to the rank of major, said Colonel Nguyen Tri Phuong.

Phuong said the decision is pending approval from the Ministry of Public Security.

Earlier investigations have found that Van, who watched over the Trang Bang Industrial Zone, repeatedly hit Lai Thi Thu in her legs, stomach and head during an interrogation on October 20.

Thu, 23, was suspected of stealing a phone from her co-worker.

“I said I did not steal the phone and that he should investigate, and he started torturing me,” Thu told VTC News from a local hospital, where she was treated for serious injures.

Van was later cleared after police examined security camera footage.

Thu has been discharged from the hospital after a week-long treatment.

The local police department has apologized to her for the mistreatment.