• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

See everyone? Not a single m&d working in Spore chided their m&d govt for the aggressive act of parking ships in Spore waters. Sinkies leh?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
8890392E-04D8-434E-8748-F68AAAB52B19.jpeg

Amid cross border tensions, Malaysians working in Singapore hope rice bowls unaffected
http://bit.Iy/2BrgsSu

Download the TODAY app at http://www.todayonline.com/apps

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BARU — Malaysian A. Nanang (not his real name) has been working at an adhesive company in Singapore for the past six years where he rose up the ranks from an apprentice to senior staffer.

The 35-year-old, who is originally from Kuching in Sarawak, enjoys his work in Singapore despite travelling more than 50km daily from his rented house in Johor Baru.

However, Mr Nanang cannot help but be dismayed by the recent territorial dispute between the two neighbours, fearing that ordinary people like him may bear the brunt.

“To me, the issue could have been better managed by both government," he said.

“My fear is that the issue could trigger other unwanted difficulties for people like me who just want to work,” he added.

Mr Nanang said he may not have been born in Johor, but he feels he understands the symbiotic relationship shared by both countries. “In many ways, despite good or bad times, we need each other as there is an established bond between us."

“I really hope that the situation simmers over soon as politicians on both sides have to understand that many people in south Johor depend on Singapore and vice-versa,” said Mr Nanang.

Johor Baru resident Jimmy Chow, 38, who works as a construction coordinator in Singapore, hopes that both governments can sit down and discuss the maritime and airspace issues in more detail.

He said the tit-for-tat statements from both sides were making the situation tenser and not helping people like him, as well as businesses in Johor Baru, where a majority depend on Singaporeans for business.

“Many fail to see that the ‘victims’ will ultimately be Johoreans,” said Mr Chow, adding that Singaporeans come for services offered by food outlets, car wash and workshops here.

However, Mr Chow said that some of his Singaporean co-workers were also sympathetic about the situation as they feel Johoreans will be the first to be hit if the situation turns serious.

“I travel in and out of Singapore via the Tuas and the Second Link Crossing six days a week by car due to my job.

“Things for me are already tough as it is, so the current Malaysia and Singapore territorial issue may affect my travels to my workplace in Singapore,” he said.

However, there are others like Malaysian Fazli Syam M. Shah, 33, who is confident that the current diplomatic row will not affect his work in Singapore.

“Despite what the two governments say, at the end of the day, the reality is that Singaporeans still need the skilled workforce that is readily available in Malaysia.

“Singaporeans know this and it would not be ideal for the current diplomatic row to also affect the economy,” said Mr Fazli Syam, who works as a property maintenance executive in Hougang, Singapore.

Another Malaysian G. Kumar, 28, also shared Mr Fazli Syam’s view that whatever politicians say should not disrupt the economic bond shared by the two countries.

The factory worker, who works in Pioneer Crescent near Tuas, hopes that the disagreements between the two sides will subside soon.

“For people like me who are blue-collar workers, we just want to work hard for a decent living back in Malaysia,” added Mr Kumar.

It is estimated that more than 450,000 people enter and exit Singapore from Johor via both border crossings on a daily basis.

In return, Singaporeans frequently flock to Johor in the thousands during weekends and holidays in search of bargain shopping, cheaper entertainment and food.

Last week, tensions between the two neighbours heightened after Singapore disputed Johor Baru Port’s new limits, while Putrajaya protested Seletar Airport’s Instrument Landing System over Pasir Gudang’s airspace.

The Singapore Government has strongly protested Malaysia’s move to unilaterally extend its port limits, which is a violation of sovereignty and international laws, while Putrajaya has protested Seletar Airport's Instrument Landing System.

Officials from the two countries are due to meet in the second week of January next year. MALAY MAIL

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor Baru resident Jimmy Chow, 38, who works as a construction coordinator in Singapore, hopes that both governments can sit down and discuss the maritime and airspace issues in more detail.

He said the tit-for-tat statements from both sides were making the situation tenser and not helping people like him, as well as businesses in Johor Baru, where a majority depend on Singaporeans for business.
What rubbish from m&d chinese liar, what tit-for-tat statements? Asking intruders to leave is callled tic for tat statements? Damn shameless.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What rubbish from m&d chinese liar, what tit-for-tat statements? Asking intruders to leave is callled tic for tat statements? Damn shameless.
Responding to m&d minister ILS video full of inaccuracies and accusations based on hot air is called tit-for-tat?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
By right peace loving human beings would have condemned their own government for such aggressive barbarian invasions. Not even a single word of chiding of their m&d government is very telling of the ugly truth of m&ds.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
By right peace loving human beings would have condemned their own government for such aggressive barbarian invasions. Not even a single word of chiding of their m&d government is very telling of the ugly truth of m&ds.
The ugly truth of being chinese and other traitor dogs choosing the side of barbarians like those in the Song Dynasty. Some people you can treat them well and help them but cannot count on them to help you when in need. Such people may even turn around to massacre you in return as what Song Dynasty history shown.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Ng use excess funds to conduct a week long ofive firing. It's a utter waste of money.
You mean live firing exercises? It’s called practice makes perfect. No waste of money at all. I am a taxpayer and support more defence spending!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Many fail to see that the ‘victims’ will ultimately be Johoreans,” said Mr Chow, adding that Singaporeans come for services offered by food outlets, car wash and workshops here.
And ME the most suay foreign investor on earth.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey you talking about who? Me? I am not afraid of firecrackers ok. I am just peace loving and considerate neighbour. Not like my arrogant selfish bastard m&d chinese neighbours.
PAP learn from me ok m&ds never appreciate good intentions of solving problems on a peaceful manner. Barbarians are proud to steal slander and harass their victim until India Iran until today.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously do you all think these barbarians that are non peace loving will condemn their government even if there is a massacre of foreigners?