• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Satik AMDK advise u to hold cash for a moment... Why hah?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • Amid mounting concerns over rising interest rates and inflation levels Bridgewater Associates’ founder Ray Dalio said he prefers cash and does not want to own bonds.

• The billionaire investor pointed out that when debt accounts for a substantial share of a country’s economy, the situation “tends to compound and accelerate.”

• Dalio says the biggest mistake that most investors make is “believing that markets that performed well are good investments, rather than more expensive.”

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
As concerns mount over rising interest rates and inflation levels, billionaire investor Ray Dalio says he prefers to hold cash for now, not bonds.

“I don’t want to own debt, you know, bonds and those kinds of things,” the founder of Bridgewater Associates said when asked how he would deploy capital in today’s investment environment.

“Temporarily, right now, cash I think is good … and the interest rates are fine. I don’t think [it] will be sustained that way,” Dalio told an audience at the Milken Institute Asia Summit in Singapore on Thursday.

Dalio’s comments come as the yield on the 30-day U.S. Treasury bill climbs above 5% while investors can get 4% on certificates of deposit and high-yield savings accounts.

Dalio says the biggest mistake that most investors make is “believing that markets that performed well are good investments, rather than more expensive.”

When asked how a new industry watcher should deploy capital, Dalio’s advice was: Be in the right geographies, diversify, pay attention to the implications of disruptions and pick asset classes that are creating new technologies and using them “in the best possible way.”