• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samsung Fold committed suicide, Huawei mate X is GLOBAL MONOPOLY in October 2019, MAGA 华为! UP PRICES ASAP! 2X!

TemaseX

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-foldable-mate-x-phone-could-sell-in-october/

Following Galaxy Fold release, Huawei's foldable Mate X phone could sell in October
Suffering a delay, the Mate X may soon have the 5G support and apps it needs to compete against Samsung's $2,000 foldable phone.
Katie Collins mugshot
BY KATIE COLLINS
http://www.twitter.com/katiecollins
SEPTEMBER 8, 2019 2:00 AM PDT
LEER EN ESPAÑOL
huawei-mate-x-foto

The Mate X may launch next month.
Juan Garzon / CNET
Huawei may start to sell its Mate X foldable phone as soon as next month, said CEO Richard Yu in a briefing at IFA on Friday. Yu said he'd hoped the phone would be on sale already, but because of the rollout of 5G and the need to give app developers time to adapt their apps to the new screen size, it has taken longer than expected.
A report that came out last month suggested that the Mate X would not be available until at least November, but if Yu has his way, it could go on sale in October.

"Maybe next month we can start to sell it globally," he said on Friday. "The manufacturing of this phone is not only very expensive but has some challenges for volume and mass production." Yu said Huawei may even incorporate its new Kirin 990 chip, which was also announced Friday, into the device. It would be possible to do this as the chip is already commercially available, he said.

36 PHOTOS
Mate X foldable phone: Here's what it's really like to use

The phone, which made its first appearance at MWC in Barcelona in February, serves as the main competitor to Samsung's Galaxy Note Fold. After some issues with the screen forced Samsung to delay its release, the company announced at IFA that it would be available in South Korea from Friday and start arriving in other countries from Sept. 18.

Unlike the Fold, which opens like a book to reveal a bendable screen on the inside, the Mate X has its screen curved around the exterior. This means you only need open it up when you want to fold out the full tablet-sized display, rather than every single time you use it. Our initial hands-on time with the device left us impressed -- keep your eyes on CNET for a full review as soon the phone goes on sale.
samsung-galaxy-fold-ifa-2019-product-photos-1.jpg

Video: Every way Samsung improved the Galaxy Fold
MENTIONED ABOVE
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (Aura Black)
galaxy-note-10-samsung.jpg

$949

SEE IT

$949 Abt Electronics
SEE IT

$949 Verizon Wireless
SEE IT

CNET may get a commission from retail offers.
COMMENTS
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10
TAGS
IFA 2019 Phones Foldable Phones Huawei Samsung
DIY TECH
How to tips and tricks for getting the most out of all your tech delivered to your inbox.
I have read and agree to the CBS Interactive Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I understand I will receive the CNET newsletter(s) I'm signing up for. I can opt out at any time.
TECH TODAY
tt-092519.jpg

Video: Ring wanted to use 911 calls for video activation, WeWork CEO steps down

MORE FROM CNET

AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
CNET may get a commission from retail offers.
© CBS INTERACTIVE INC. All Rights Reserved.
About CNET Download the CNET app Privacy Policy Ad Choice Terms of Use Mobile User Agreement Help Center Licensing