• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam, this forum really sux! Can we get back the old one?

NamQiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've had enough of the old one. It was absolute crap both in terms of content and admin functions. It became of a forum where people go to express hatred rather than friendship. I have buried it for good.

Wat a dumb excuse, delphi is running the forum, crap or not u could just leave it as it is, is there any harm to you? Does it cost u a single cent in delphi? since when u become so moralistic promoting peace and friendship? you close it becos u wanto force ppl to come here and after getting enough traffic, you will sell it off ..dat ur plan right? :rolleyes: Pls lah, dont talk cock lah...when u start to take sides here, u already lost all moral grounds :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Delphi forums aren't free. I have to pay for the privilege. I get nothing in return from Delphi. They earn all the $$ from ads. Why should I give them free money?:rolleyes:

Forced??? :p I have the power over what urls people type on their keyboards??? Gimme a break. People are free to go wherever they please on the net.

I spent 3 hours a day clearing up spam, rubbish and sorting content on the Delphi forum. I can do the same here in less than an hour.

If you're not happy with the way I run things, don't come here.. or are you being FORCED to make your sorry appearance on a regular basis.

Wat a dumb excuse, delphi is running the forum, crap or not u could just leave it as it is, is there any harm to you? Does it cost u a single cent in delphi? since when u become so moralistic promoting peace and friendship? you close it becos u wanto force ppl to come here and after getting enough traffic, you will sell it off ..dat ur plan right? :rolleyes: Pls lah, dont talk cock lah...when u start to take sides here, u already lost all moral grounds :rolleyes:

M

muraganss

hey brudder

me muraganss have to take alot of getting use to this forum...
i very sotong one dey... but i will give it a try...
what is your advise or advice for blur like fuck people like me....

btw... hullo to all from the previous sammyboy...

sianzz... this cuntry

Wuwei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've had enough of the old one. It was absolute crap both in terms of content and admin functions. It became of a forum where people go to express hatred rather than friendship. I have buried it for good.

Vbulletin is much better. There's a whole host of features that delphi never had.

It's easier to navigate. Community group features are available. The search function actually works. Private messaging is a breeze etc etc.

Best of all, I won't have Walt Howe barging in deleting messages/threads plus banning members without even having the courtesy of informing me what's going.

It is only natural that everything feels strange and unfamiliar. However, in time, everyone will get used to it and they'll wonder how they ever put up with delphi for so many years.

The sex forum started on the Delphi platform too. When it was closed and moved to the vbulletin platform, everyone complained and tons of wannabe Delphi sex forums sprung up from nowhere to replace the one that Delphi had shut down.

7 years on, the sex forum on vbulletin is thriving and draws 40,000 visitors every day. 3000 messages are posted daily.

I started this new forum with the hope that the mature and reasonable members who stopped posting will come out of the woodwork and give this place another go. I can only provide the canvas. It's up to you guys to paint a winner or to rip it up.

To the detractors and haters who want the Delphi forum back so they can continue to hurl their vitriol at each other, my suggestion is simply to find some other forum where they can continue in the same vein. However, please do me a favour... don't advertise the url here. I see no reason why I should be providing free publicity. If you want to advertise your new forum, do what I did and go through the hard yard of building up your own traffic. It isn't easy and it costs a lot of money. However, it can be done if the right amount of effort is put in.

If this forum succeeds, I'll invest more money into the hardware and new features to the benefit of all. If the traffic and participation rates do not reach expectations, I'll simply shut it down and terminate the hosting contract to cut my losses. I have more than enough on my hands to keep me busy these days. There is no point my investing time and effort to keep things going if the support is not there. It's up to you guys and gals to determine the fate of this little corner of cyberspace. :p

What has happened?Have you change from mac to a PC?
Anyway I like this forum......A new Start...A new Nick for me...

Wuwei

kaypohbohlau

Wow! sam, you have matured! No worry
We will spread the news and help make this new downunder kopitiam brisk n bustleling again

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm using "90% of browser width" setting in the stye sheet. I use a 29" monitor and my browser occupies half the screen. Can't you do the same?:confused:

Huh? dun understand.... you mean i can adjust the width of the forum through my safari preferences?

Anyway, i check the sex forum side as well, longer width but somehow look more pleasing, maybe of the light blue background, or maybe my eyes playing tricks on me, and maybe needs some adjustment after many years in adelphi :smile::smile:. vbulletin definitely better than adelphi.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Huh? dun understand.... you mean i can adjust the width of the forum through my safari preferences?

Anyway, i check the sex forum side as well, longer width but somehow look more pleasing, maybe of the light blue background, or maybe my eyes playing tricks on me, and maybe needs some adjustment after many years in adelphi :smile::smile:. vbulletin definitely better than adelphi.

Have you tried the new skin for this coffee shop that I installed earlier today.

Give it a go http://www.sammyboy.com/?styleid=8 Perhaps it'll please your eyes.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me add the old forum was dying down. Yes obviously not so quickly but gradually. There was a time some years back when the delphi forum had updates on the latest news in town even before the official sources. Now no more. In fact the shyt times is faster than the present delphi forums before it shut down. One of the ways to get the latest news is from edmw of hwz.

I think it was good to shut it down abruptly so that ppl would have good memories of it rather than get bored of it simply because of not much good quality content. There were also a couple of ppl commenting that the forum was not as interesting as before and a couple of prominent posters did not want to post there anymore.

I think this can be used as an anaology to someone who was beloved and brillant during his time but refused to give up his power when he was getting old and made ppl hate him. If he had stepped down during his peak he would be well loved. Same as the forum rather than watch it reach the pt where ppl just do not want to post there anymore. At least we all have the good memories of the old forum.

Also Sam this forum seems to suffer the same thing as the sex forum. Like it says there are 4 pages on this thread. Yet everytime i click on the last page it always comes back to page 3. Same as the sex forum where for no apparent reason it shows more pages than there actually is. This only seems to occur in these 2 sites. Other vbulletin forums i have been to do not have this problem.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Also Sam this forum seems to suffer the same thing as the sex forum. Like it says there are 4 pages on this thread. Yet everytime i click on the last page it always comes back to page 3. Same as the sex forum where for no apparent reason it shows more pages than there actually is. This only seems to occur in these 2 sites. Other vbulletin forums i have been to do not have this problem.

That's because I activate the built in spam filter that vbulletin has. The posts can be seen by the moderators but not by members who are spared the frustration of having to trawl through spam adverts. Because the spam is hidden, only 3 pages of the 4 pages are visible. However, I see all 4 pages spam included. I then delete the stuff and everything will return to normal. 4 pages will then become 3 pages.

You are right about the Coffee Shop. It just became a pain to log onto. Nothing but WP vs PAP vs SDP with a ton of personal attacks on particular individuals from the cloak on anonymity. It was disgusting. It's one thing for two anonymous nicks to go hammer and tongs at each other but to single out individuals who have the guts to stand up for their beliefs in the real world and attack them relentlessly from behind a keyboard simply wasn't my cup of tea anymore.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right about the Coffee Shop. It just became a pain to log onto. Nothing but WP vs PAP vs SDP with a ton of personal attacks on particular individuals from the cloak on anonymity. It was disgusting. It's one thing for two anonymous nicks to go hammer and tongs at each other but to single out individuals who have the guts to stand up for their beliefs in the real world and attack them relentlessly from behind a keyboard simply wasn't my cup of tea anymore.

Aiyah, if that individual in the real world doesn't mind, why should u? May be these politicians like to be "talked" about? May be they are the S&M type and like to be "whacked"? Live and let live lah....

NamQiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Delphi forums aren't free. I have to pay for the privilege. I get nothing in return from Delphi. They earn all the $$ from ads. Why should I give them free money?:rolleyes:

Why complain if u wanto pay for those "privileges"? Free members can also create their own forum in delphi, who say one need to pay to have a forum there. :rolleyes: Since when you give them free money? They earn $$ from ads becos they need to pay for expenses, you can be a free member and yet maintain ur coffeeshop forum there can't you? :rolleyes:

I spent 3 hours a day clearing up spam, rubbish and sorting content on the Delphi forum. I can do the same here in less than an hour.

Nobody ask you to do it right?, if u wanto do it out of free will then dont complain, u can still keep delphi forum running as it is, since you got ur little kingdom here, so why need to bother about closing delphi? Ur reasoning is just lame :rolleyes:

If you're not happy with the way I run things, don't come here.. or are you being FORCED to make your sorry appearance on a regular basis.

Wow, how you know i log in here on regular basis? :rolleyes: tracking my IP and movement? :cool: Since dis is an open forum, anyone can come in here anytime to voice whatever opinion they have, if you dont like it, then why not make it a closed forum? I am sure vBulletin has this function. :rolleyes: If u cannot take criticism, dont ask for feedback lah :rolleyes: