• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Richard Branson swaps suit for skirt to honour bet

Ultŕaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Richard Branson swaps suit for skirt to honour bet

8:17 AM Monday May 13, 2013 ✩Save

SCCZEN_AP131205173706_460x230.jpg

British entrepreneur Richard Branson, left, poses with AirAsia's Chief Executive Tony Fernandes. Photo / AP

British business magnate Richard Branson has lost his latest job because of orange juice.

The Virgin Group founder had his legs shaved, put on lipstick and squeezed into a red skirt to honour a bet by serving as a flight attendant on an AirAsia trip from Perth, Australia, to Malaysia.

But he earned a reprimand from AirAsia chief Tony Fernandes after he deliberately dumped a tray of orange juice on Fernandes' lap.

Branson lost a bet to Fernandes in 2010 after they wagered that their Formula One racing teams would finish ahead of each other. Fernandes' team landed two spots above Branson's.

Fernandes gleefully declared after the nearly six-hour flight on his budget airline that Branson's skills as an attendant were "rubbish" and that he was being immediately fired.

A cheerful Branson, who was tasked with pouring beverages, serving meals and making flight announcements, posed with Fernandes and popped champagne after stepping out of the plane at Malaysia's main low-cost carrier terminal south of Kuala Lumpur.

He said in brief remarks that he was "glad to have gotten the bet over with and (was) looking forward to getting back into my clothes".

"I always wanted to be an air hostess, but it looks like I have to get back to normality," Branson said. The flight helped raise money for an Australian foundation for hospitalised children.

Asked how Branson rated as an attendant, Fernandes quipped, "Out of 10, maybe one, for a bit of humour."

"I wanted to kill him actually" for spilling the juice, the Malaysian told reporters.

"He looked at me, I said, 'don't you dare,' and the next thing I know, he tipped the whole tray on me," Fernandes added. "He and the girls mopped it up, but I was walking around the flight in my underwear for a while because I didn't bring another pair of trousers."

- AP

Ultŕaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Monday May 13, 2013

Branson goes on board as stewardess

By ISABELLE LAI
[email protected]

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eMAHwsGmA-M?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

SEPANG: Virgin Group chief Sir Richard Branson's stint as an AirAsia “stewardess” lasted barely six hours before he was promptly “fired” for spilling orange juice on Tan Sri Tony Fernandes' lap.

The British billionaire, who made good on a Formula One bet he lost to the AirAsia boss in 2010, had to pour drinks and serve meals as well as make in-flight announcements as part of the deal.

But Branson got his revenge against Fernandes on the special AirAsia X charity flight from Perth, in which he had to slip into AirAsia's red uniform, complete with a pair of sheer stockings over shaved legs and shiny red ballet flats.

His blond mane was also coiffed, while false eyelashes, eyeshadow and red lipstick completed the look.

Fernandes, who was tickled pink at the sight of his former boss and mentor in the get-up, announced that Branson was “fired” following his behaviour on the plane.

branson-stewardess-fired-n10.jpg

From suit to skirt: Fernandes (right) being served by Branson dressed as an AirAsia stewardess while flying from Perth to Kuala Lumpur. — AFP

“I should have realised. He had this tray and he was standing right in front of me.

“I looked into his eyes and thought oh no, he's going to do it' and he did,” he quipped to reporters after they landed at LCCT from Australia.

He then said he had to be in his underpants for a while as he did not bring a change of clothing.

Fortunately, another passenger lent him a pair of shorts while waiting for his jeans to dry.

The hilarious experience was Branson's punishment for losing a bet to Fernandes in 2010.

His then Formula One Virgin Racing team (now Marussia under new ownership) ended behind Lotus Racing (renamed Caterham) in the team rankings.

To conclude the wager, Fernandes presented Branson with a “graduation certificate” to show he had served as an AirAsia stewardess.

Branson, 62, who refused to shave his trademark beard for the occasion, made heads turn when he sauntered into the terminal after the flight, handbag slung over one shoulder, batting his false eyelashes and posing for the huge media crowd gathered there.

He said he had had a wonderful experience and thanked Fernandes' crew for “teaching me how to look beautiful, perform my duties and how to drop the tray in Tony's lap”.

“I realise I am now fired and I need to go back to civilian clothes and my day job. I've always wanted to be an air hostess, but it looks like I'll have to get back to normality now,” he quipped.

Fernandes has also agreed to accompany Branson on a trip to space, joking that they might make another bet when they were near the moon.

Around RM600,000 (A$200,000) was raised for the charity flight which will go to the Starlight Children's Foundation in Australia, which helps seriously ill and hospitalised children.