• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Respect] Chow Yun-fat lives on just $100 a month, will donate away entire $714m

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Berbr4z.png

Showing once again why he’s the most down to earth movie star around, Hong Kong film legend Chow Yun-fat reportedly lives on just HK$800 ($102) a month, saving up his money so that one day he can leave it all to charity.

Chow’s wife, Jasmine Tan, says that her husband manages to live so frugally in one of the world’s most expensive cities by frequenting street food stalls and rarely buying new things, according to an Oriental Daily report from last week. For example, for 17 years, Chow stuck with his trusty Nokia flip phone, only recently purchasing a new smartphone when his old device finally stopped working.

The 63-year-old Chow is often seen riding public transportation where he rocks a simple wardrobe — a shirt costing him 98 yuan ($14) and sandals costing another 15 yuan ($2). When asked why he likes to shop at discount shops despite his tremendous net worth, Chow replies, “I don’t wear clothes for other people. I just wear whatever I find comfortable.”

More at https://tinyurI.com/y9reypwf

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is there to respect about very rich people who don’t know how to enjoy their money?

I certainly do not respect Warren Buffett for eating unhealthy McDonald’s USD 2.95 breakfast every morning:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN must be utilities all paid by wife or else how to survive with $100 KNN no matter how my uncle attempted min is about $500 to survive KNN

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny leh got really dig into his assets or not
How many houses he already bought paid
How many cars he already bought paid
How many watches he has
The rest balance just piggy bank money then donate lor
Once a blue moon take train cannot meh
Nvr once take train after become rich mah:biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somebody should inform the wife she gets to keep half the assets if she divorce him. And use the money to wine and dine.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is there to respect about very rich people who don’t know how to enjoy their money?

I certainly do not respect Warren Buffett for eating unhealthy McDonald’s USD 2.95 breakfast every morning:

Inspite of the unhealthy McDonald's food, it looks like Warren Buffett is a healthy older gentleman.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He may be a successful and rich actor, but he and his wife are childless. So he is already a loser and he knows it.

What's the point of having so much money if he is so stingy and reluctant to spend it and return it back to the society?

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should be the one teaching Singaporeans to be frugal and spend within their means. Long live PAP. Huat ahhhhhhhhhh