• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recommend a freight agent?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thinking of importing an item from Korea. Unfortunately the supplier does not provide door to door shipping. They will only send the item to Spore & I will have to take care of the paper work, pay the gst,.. & provide transportation to pick up the item. As the item is over 200 kgs I will need the services of a freight agent.

Can anyone recommend a freight agent:confused: Am I correct in that these people who do this type of work are called freight agents? How much do they charge?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can try those that do repatriation for expats, these guys go to the house, pack and do stuffing, then ship to destination, deliver to house.

Not your average freight forwarder.

I thinking of importing an item from Korea. Unfortunately the supplier does not provide door to door shipping. They will only send the item to Spore & I will have to take care of the paper work, pay the gst,.. & provide transportation to pick up the item. As the item is over 200 kgs I will need the services of a freight agent.

Can anyone recommend a freight agent:confused: Am I correct in that these people who do this type of work are called freight agents? How much do they charge?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
what you are getting?

Cosmetic surgery equipment?

cheap cheap, mainly in shared container, take Tiong shipper lagi cheap.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
use to buy empty containers from this guy and he took care of all paperwork for my shipment : Sean _008757_

(sorry bro, can not advertise full text here lah) :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
use to buy empty containers from this guy and he took care of all paperwork for my shipment : Sean _008757_

(sorry bro, can not advertise full text here lah) :smile:

Can PM me the contact number?

In the past I knew someone in the bizness but it was over 10 years ago:o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what you are getting?

Cosmetic surgery equipment?

cheap cheap, mainly in shared container, take Tiong shipper lagi cheap.

I'm thinking of importing a Whole Body Vibration unit.

Have looked around locally but there are better & cheaper units from China & Korea. It's for personal use so it will be a one off purchase.
While looking around I am amazed by the bargains one can find in Alibaba:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can try those that do repatriation for expats, these guys go to the house, pack and do stuffing, then ship to destination, deliver to house.

Not your average freight forwarder.

I would prefer to support small biznesses if possible. I use to have a contact running his own bizness. Unfortunately it was over 10 years ago.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would recommend Aramex....very well established and professional....i used them once and was not disappointed...the price was surprisingly reasonable and included door pto door delivery with customs clearance...google for their site and number.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would recommend Aramex....very well established and professional....i used them once and was not disappointed...the price was surprisingly reasonable and included door pto door delivery with customs clearance...google for their site and number.

Came across that name but wasn't sure that they did clearance & pickups. Thanks for the info.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
why is the equipment so heavy?

Is this product for health improvement? I think can get in ebay and free shipment?

I suggest don't save that little bit of money, get warranty and 1 year guarantee locally. This type of machine break down easily.

I'm thinking of importing a Whole Body Vibration unit.

Have looked around locally but there are better & cheaper units from China & Korea. It's for personal use so it will be a one off purchase.
While looking around I am amazed by the bargains one can find in Alibaba:smile:

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you can afford and it is 1 time import, just use dhl or fedex.
save all the paper work.
i alway do that if my item is less than 50 kg

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin:
why is the equipment so heavy?

Is this product for health improvement? I think can get in ebay and free shipment?

I suggest don't save that little bit of money, get warranty and 1 year guarantee locally. This type of machine break down easily.

Correction the weight of the product I'm planning to get weighs about 240lbs. The unit I am looking at is made in Korea & I've seen it adverised in the US for US$7,500. This is their home unit. The commercial models are going for US$9,000 & up. You can't find the sonic units in Spore. I've checked with the Korean manufacturers. The ones available locally are sold by companies like Aibi selling for about SIN$4,500 but you look at Alibaba you can get the same models for under $2,000. It is actually cheaper to get them from China rather than from the US. The US models are actually Chinese imports rebranded with a american name:smile:

I am planning to get a sonic units because it runs quieter & is more gentler on senior citizens. I wan to avoid the neighbours about the noise:biggrin: The sonic units are also better at improving lymphatic drainage, circulation improvement, weight problems,....

In Spore there is also find the Power Plate brand & this is what you will find in many local gyms. It's an expensive american brand but If you look at Alibaba, some of the Chinese units look similar:smile:

You can read more about the different type of Whole Body Vibration units here http://www.wbvreviewed.com/health-benefits/

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they have a presence in korea they will. My buddy used them in dubai.

I'll check with the freight companies & the vendor about this. See if I can make alternative arrangements like the one you suggested.

I know that some of the chinese companies offer door to door delivery so I don't know why a Korean company can't do the same:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Found out that this shipping to a port is called FOB i.e. free on-board shipping. The receiver will have to pay for the clearance & transportation fees on the Spore side.

I have never bough anything direct from a manufacturer. Obviously FOB is a common when one is buying direct from companies who list on alibaba i.e. manufacturers.If I am willing to pay for door to door delivery.

Can I ask the vendor for door-to-door delivery:confused:
I can of course ask the vendor but don't want to appear to be a newbie:o If I show my ignorance, they might overcharge me:(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have contacted the freight company & was surprised at what I found out.

The cost of clearing something arriving by ship is more expensive than by air. It is something like twice the amount. For example for the size of what I'm looking at it will cost $150 if it arrives by air vs $300 if it arrives by ship
If receiving air freight, the delivery cost itself to my doorstep is only $90. The $60 is for the labour: customs clearance, etc. Sea freight has plenty of added costs: fork lift costs, etc, etc

So for anyone ordering FOB, take note.