• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Public hospitals with Arabic TV channels, Sinkies in Ubin no toilets - Alex Au

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We weren’t in a private hospital, but a public one. What does the menu of channels tell us about our public hospitals’ priorities when it comes to their target market? Should our public hospitals chase Middle-Eastern patients? When reports surface of bed shortage or ambulances turned away, has the revenue-driven cultivation of the Arab market got anything to do with that?

The same month, I happened to make a trip to Pulau Ubin (Ubin Island), and discovered that it is not connected to our power grid nor to our mains water supply. On this island, the residents draw water from wells and run generators for electricity.

This is absurd, I said to myself. The island is separated from mainland Singapore by little more than one kilometre of water. What does it take to lay an underwater pipe and cable? If can we invest so much to lay fibre-optic cables for internet connections to the rest of the world, why can’t we supply water and electricity to Ubin?

- http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2012/05/31/7214/

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls tell the gay man to leave Pulau Ubin alone, a stroll through Ubin takes us back to Singapore in the 1960's with the simpler pleasures of life. Don't turn it into another Sentosa.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should our public hospitals chase Middle-Eastern patients?

Medical tourism. Oil money for bypass surgery. GDP. Economic growth.

And Pulau Ubin is good for riding bicycles... expecially seatless ones.