• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PSE tell Data Protection Board to $$$$FINE$$$$ this, possible LHL and Wife's email and passwords BREECHED!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/news/449028-largest-data-breach-in-history/

Keep up with the news by installing RT’s extension for Chrome. Never miss a story with this clean and simple app that delivers the latest headlines to you.

RT
LIVE
  • search
  • Menu mobile

EX-MACRON BODYGUARD BENALLA IN CUSTODY OVER USE OF DIPLOMATIC PASSPORTS – PROSECUTOR
HomeWorld News

Over 770 million email addresses shared online in largest data breach in history
Published time: 17 Jan, 2019 13:14Edited time: 17 Jan, 2019 13:29
5c407aa2fc7e9352268b459e.jpeg

File photo: © Global Look Press / DPA / Sebastian Gollnow

A security researcher has blown the lid off the largest data breach in history as over 770 million emails and 21 million unique passwords have been exposed, eclipsing the Equifax and Yahoo hacks by a significant margin.
The breach is being dubbed ‘Collection #1’ and contains a raw data set of email addresses and passwords totalling 2,692,818,238 rows from potentially thousands of different sources, according to digital security expert Troy Hunt.

804 people are talking about this

In total, there are 1,160,253,228 unique combinations of email addresses and passwords contained within over 12,000 separate files, constituting a truly staggering 87GB of data (for context, this is raw text, not 4K video).
ALSO ON RT.COMRussian cyber firm hounded in US helped NSA bust 50TB data breach – report
In terms of sheer volume, it is being considered the largest data breach in history, second only to Yahoo's high profile cyber security gaffes which affected billions of users, though it is an aggregate of potentially hundreds if not thousands of breaches.
“It just looks like a completely random collection of sites purely to maximize the number of credentials available to hackers,” Hunt told WIRED. “There’s no obvious patterns, just maximum exposure.”

Ruben W.@ruben_we

https://twitter.com/ruben_we/status/1085688921026109445
Replying to @haveibeenpwned

Not only am I on the list, I also received a phishing email telling me on of the throw away passwords I used together with that email. So at least in my case I know who got hacked... and who will _NOT_ be receiving a bitcoin ;D

8:03 AM - Jan 17, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Ruben W.'s other Tweets

The breach contains previously encrypted passwords that have been “dehashed” or cracked and converted back to plain text and includes files allegedly from as early as 2008. The information wasn't even for sale but was merely dumped on MEGA and subsequently on a popular hacking forum, free for anyone with scroll and click capabilities to review.

See Utkarsh Gajera's other Tweets

As a result, there is a greatly increased risk of so-called credential-stuffing attacks in which hackers spam websites with various combinations of emails and passwords, including – but not limited to – services like Netflix, Facebook or other social media accounts, and online services. The breach doesn't appear to contain social security or credit card data.

Rutger Claes@rutgerclaes

https://twitter.com/rutgerclaes/status/1085829280133795843

Just received my email. Plain text passwords
1f630.png
. I started using @haveibeenpwned and @1Password a while ago because of breaches like this. And so should you. There is @1Password which I recommend, but there are free alt's. Use @haveibeenpwned, you'll see why it's necessary.
Have I Been Pwned

@haveibeenpwned

New breach: The "Collection #1" credential stuffing list began broadly circulating last week and contains 772,904,991 unique email addresses with plain text passwords (now in Pwned Passwords). 82% of addresses were already in @haveibeenpwned. Read more: https://www.troyhunt.com/the-773-million-record-collection-1-data-reach …

5:20 PM - Jan 17, 2019

See Rutger Claes's other Tweets

Hunt recommends checking your email addresses on the free service provided by Have I Been Pwned.
If you are included in the breach, which is extremely likely, he recommends using a password manager or even going old school and employing *gasp* a pen and paper to store your passwords offline. Hack that!

Owen Hollands@owenhollands

· 15h

3/4 of a billion? Roughly 1/10th of the population of the planet?​

Happy Loaf@Happy_Loaf

Email address != person.

God job a load of that were automated bots using the variable

6:49 AM - Jan 17, 2019

See Happy Loaf's other Tweets

“It might be contrary to traditional thinking, but writing unique passwords down in a book and keeping them inside your physically locked house is a damn sight better than reusing the same one all over the web,” Hunt wrote in his blog post on the breach.
A lucky few are claiming to have escaped the breach, but the odds are not in your favor.

See SwitHak's other Tweets

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

Trends:Hackers news
Reporting what the mainstream media won’t: Follow RT’s Twitter account
FROM OUR PARTNERS

Remembering Bre Payton: Shocking Death Of The Gentle Young Duelist of the TV Punditocracy

'Not just Apple': Trump Economic Advisor Warns 'Heck Of A Lot Of US Companies'

Kathy Griffin calls out Don Cheadle for not defending her anti-Trumpism — and gets slapped down hard

Subscribe to RT newsletter to get stories the mainstream media won’t tell you

Subscribe
FROM OUR PARTNERS

Aurora To Acquire Organic Cannabis Producer Whistler For $175M

Canadian sentenced to death in China amid Huawei flap

'Jaw-Dropping': Wall Street Reacts To Apple's News

العربيةESPРУСDEFR
ИНОТВRТДRUPTLY
RT News App

© Autonomous Nonprofit Organization “TV-Novosti”, 2005–2019. All rights reserved.
This website uses cookies. Read RT Privacy policy to find out more.
Accept cookies

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RT reporting about the hackings done by Russians. Russia Today is 80 percent real news, 20 percent fake news. The latter, however, is more effective.