• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Post-Border Lock-Down Situation in Johor, Are Singaporeans Still Keen to Live in Johor ?

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello All,

Anyone care to share the experience of returning back to homes that's abandoned for 2+ years ?
Whats te costs of hiring workers to repair, paint, clean ?

Is it still worth, living in Johor now ?

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, went in late night Fri, just came back to Stinky.

Sadly this is Sch. hols on both sides, so there were bits of misery coming and going with the jams. Leaving stinky, the car service was 1 hr late, then small queue at Tuas, then huge jam at LinkeDua. Driver potong jalan skilfully, so through in about 1 hr. Coming back, big jam leaving JB, sinkie side pretty clear.

House was in really a not bad condition. Had M'sian friends pop by every once in a while the past 2 yrs. Re: the house specifically:
  • Obv a few dead cockroaches, lizard sai etc,
  • But had the cleaners around @ RM 60/hr for 3 girls, and they tackled it well.
  • No big structural collapse
  • No significant water dmg
  • No broken glass
  • Grass needed cutting badly, but that one I couldn't arrange in so short a trip.
  • Power/water still functioning and good. Water filter still on and cold and fresh. Oldwater still a lot better than the daily Tin Pei Ling urine mix the SIW PAPpies prescribe for daft stinkies
  • Car battery I unhook before leaving, after re-connecting runs ok but no JH road tax sticker so next time.
Re: Johor at the moment:
  • A lot of shops were shuttered/closed down. Went to AEON and it seemed like 40-50% vacant units
  • However a lot of businesses catering to locals are still here!
  • Eko Botanic near the border doing well.
  • My lok lok guy still running his truck.
  • Pontoon seafood place at Laguna still there, had nice RM 400 dinner with red snapper and chilli crab and prawn and the BIG lala among 6 friends
  • Chang Man dim sum relocated and about 5% drop in standard but still not bad.
  • Lebanese restaurant Zaituna opened a whole new wing!
  • Property generally in the toilet so I hope no one was buying to invest!
  • Massage all giving me ripoff quotations so I didn't go
Overall, if you are:

• At least 80%+ WFH and not obliged to cross the border more frequently than 1-2x per mo
  • Male
  • Single
I think staying in JB is great and much better than the LRD. Imagine someone at $6200 gross per mo, so 5k in hand and therefore pulling 15,000 RM/mo. With no stinkie rental or mortgage to buy this guy could have a great time in M'sia.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very keen as always. Shithole here offers nothing for me except seeing landslide pap dogd getting fucked in the arse until they die. But the problem is malaysian customs. They are fucking with passports, trying to drag you into office, asking a lot of questions as you return after a month, nothjng else is difficult

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, went in late night Fri, just came back to Stinky.

Sadly this is Sch. hols on both sides, so there were bits of misery coming and going with the jams. Leaving stinky, the car service was 1 hr late, then small queue at Tuas, then huge jam at LinkeDua. Driver potong jalan skilfully, so through in about 1 hr. Coming back, big jam leaving JB, sinkie side pretty clear.

House was in really a not bad condition. Had M'sian friends pop by every once in a while the past 2 yrs. Re: the house specifically:
  • Obv a few dead cockroaches, lizard sai etc,
  • But had the cleaners around @ RM 60/hr for 3 girls, and they tackled it well.
  • No big structural collapse
  • No significant water dmg
  • No broken glass
  • Grass needed cutting badly, but that one I couldn't arrange in so short a trip.
  • Power/water still functioning and good. Water filter still on and cold and fresh. Oldwater still a lot better than the daily Tin Pei Ling urine mix the SIW PAPpies prescribe for daft stinkies
  • Car battery I unhook before leaving, after re-connecting runs ok but no JH road tax sticker so next time.
Re: Johor at the moment:
  • A lot of shops were shuttered/closed down. Went to AEON and it seemed like 40-50% vacant units
  • However a lot of businesses catering to locals are still here!
  • Eko Botanic near the border doing well.
  • My lok lok guy still running his truck.
  • Pontoon seafood place at Laguna still there, had nice RM 400 dinner with red snapper and chilli crab and prawn and the BIG lala among 6 friends
  • Chang Man dim sum relocated and about 5% drop in standard but still not bad.
  • Lebanese restaurant Zaituna opened a whole new wing!
  • Property generally in the toilet so I hope no one was buying to invest!
  • Massage all giving me ripoff quotations so I didn't go
Overall, if you are:

• At least 80%+ WFH and not obliged to cross the border more frequently than 1-2x per mo
  • Male
  • Single
I think staying in JB is great and much better than the LRD. Imagine someone at $6200 gross per mo, so 5k in hand and therefore pulling 15,000 RM/mo. With no stinkie rental or mortgage to buy this guy could have a great time in M'sia.
Thanks for sharing our experience.

From my observations,

East Ledang seems to have hollowed-out of Expats
Melody Park used to have a smattering of HIgh-Flying Singkies,.. but now the houses looked deserted

Puteri Harbour has turned into an E-Bike Rental mini-fantasyland,... full of Big Adults, playing with tiny e-bikes on rental
The Boats berthed at this Harbour looked "Grime'y", and not utilised

Besides the reason of not selling enough club memberships, why did One deg 15 pull-out ?
The PH Clubhouse - again undergoing renovation,..

Why Southampton University has moved OUT OF Educity, and into Eco Galleria ?

Why Invictus University/School ?,.. pop-up at the southern corner of Horizon Hills, along the Coastal Highway ?

Despite the property surplus,.. I see at least 3,4 new property estates being built. <-seems crazy to me. Why ?

Is Legoland, still operating now ?

UM Land's Medini lakeside looks terrible ,.. still NOT completed

One Building next to Medini 9,...looks abandoned

D'Pristine, How ?

R&F Puteri Cove at the old causeway - is it true that the Quality is Terrible,.. regular prolonged black-outs ?

Problem is that psychologically,.. most Owners will always say that their property os "OK", despite being shitty (afraid of fragile sentiments that may pull the prices down further)

PineWood Studios,..changed name,.. looks verrrrry Quiet.

Is this Area, still worth considering ?

Is this the Bottoming out now ?

myr 1,200, 800 psf apartments,.. dropped to about myr 400

..currency dropped by about 30-35% since 2010'ish,..

Who really IS Happy still, living in this place ?

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
myr 1,200, 800 psf apartments,.. dropped to about myr 400

..currency dropped by about 30-35% since 2010'ish,..
Condos are definitely not worth buying that side. There is really no point, plus the build quality is guaranteed to be sub-par.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too long. A bit i do know. Rf princess is garbage. No one uses china man for construction outside shithole here. The highest end houses all use locals and indonesian.but simkielamd say all indon are terrorist. Leaking even in shops for how many times already. The houses upstairs are so bad everyday owners come to office bang table. The discussion is so banned hiuse owners are blocked on their facebook