• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee needs to clarify his statement that Singapore belongs to everyone

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is very clear that he is behaving like the South Korea ship captain who has abandoned his stewardship duty. He ought to be condemned and fired from his job!

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
Written by Ng E-Jay
05 May 2014

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong urgently needs to clarify his highly controversial remark that Singapore belongs to all those living here, including Permanent Residents (PRs) and work permit holders.

Mr Lee was reported to have made these comments at a grassroots event held on Saturday in celebration of the Indian New Year.

He was quoted by Zee News India as saying that “Singaporeans, new arrivals, people who are on permanent residence here, people who are on employment pass here, (are) all participating in one big Singapore family … So that we feel that this is a place which is special, which belongs to all of us and where we all celebrate one another’s festivals and happy events together.”

According to a Channel News Asia report, Mr Lee also added that “the event (Indian New Year celebration) was an embodiment of the theme (Rhythms in Unity), as well as on a larger scale where everyone participates as one big Singapore family.”

Netizens have reacted strongly to Mr Lee’s statements, which seem to have been interpreted in a highly negative fashion. Activist Roy Ngerng, who spoke at two labour day events held at Hong Lim Park over the weekend, say that Mr Lee’s remarks “gives a whole new meaning to ‘sell-out’”.

Goh Meng Seng SingaporeansFirst, who is also active on Facebook, said that he needed to cool himself down, lest he attract a lawsuit from the Prime Minister. He had earlier posted that “Our Dear Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has really outdone all other Prime Ministers in our history or even breaking the records of other world leaders in history by evoking so much anger from his own citizens by uttering only one stupid statement… and yes, I have never in my life heard or read any statements made by any political leaders, ancient Kings or Emperors who would say to foreigners — this land or country belongs to you too”.

However, others have also felt that PM Lee’s statement can mean something more positive, such as promoting equality of rights for all, for example, that everyone who lives in Singapore, regardless of citizenship, should have their rights respected, should be able to have a good life with dignity, should be able to navigate the space, and feel welcome.

Given the different interpretations and the angry reactions of many netizens, I urgently call upon PM Lee to clarify. Just what do you mean?

http://www.sgpolitics.net/?p=8735

PM Lee never knows who he has to answer to.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM is noted for being clumsy ( mer siam mai hum, fix the opposition etc) but I doubt even he is not that silly or clumsy to make such a statement. Near in mind the Indian media is prone to overzealous reporting and overtop interpretation of events. If read their press, USA is less developed than India.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
if that is the case, not return your cpf at 55 is also his clumsy idea and is ok for him to lead?

PM is noted for being clumsy ( mer siam mai hum, fix the opposition etc) but I doubt even he is not that silly or clumsy to make such a statement. Near in mind the Indian media is prone to overzealous reporting and overtop interpretation of events. If read their press, USA is less developed than India.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
After fixing all political opposition gao gap, Sinkapoor now belongs to the PAP...
fixing opposition parties...
6524aee4-7b56-47ac-b0c7-0062766c0db4_zps311f8507.jpg
(YouTube; LHL: "fix the opposition")

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The picture is incomplete.

The NS slave was lying down on his tummy, his no. 4 trousers were removed, and the PAP was sodomizing him from behind.

He was trying hard to endure the pain and not make a sound. Field discipline. :cool:

And just when he thought it was over, the FAP Traitors' FTrash pets took over? And slowly but surely, he began to enjoy it like the rest of the 60.1%?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

The PM's secretary is quick to rebut statements thought to be misleading. Where is he/she now ? The trouble is, in the light of past comments, this does sound plausible. And by the way, politicians spend time in public judiciously. Appearance at such an event was not for trivial reasons. On the other side, l dont believe local media reported the same. But it is possible they self-censor if they think something might be embarrassing to him . Jury is out.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friends and I had the same grouse when Singapore Tourism Board use the term "Your Singapore" in their campaign. Even my foreigner colleagues joked that Singapore now belongs to them and we should be their servants. I cannot imagine what was going on in the scoundrel's mind when he said "Singapore belongs to everyone who lives here".

Favorite quote: "It's like saying my girlfriend belongs to anyone who knows her"

1269399509.jpg

Attachments

• 1269399509.jpg
    1269399509.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited: