• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People are being victimized by a terrifying new email scam where attackers claim they stole your password and hacked your webcam while you were watchi

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • Did you recently receive an email with one of your old passwords in the subject line and a request for bitcoin?
  • It’s a new kind of scam.
  • The attacker probably took your password from a publicly available database of old leaked passwords and email addresses.
  • Here’s how to keep yourself safe.

There’s a new scam going around that would terrify most people if it ever landed in their inbox.

The emails are slightly different depending on who’s being attacked, but they all have a few similar features:

• The subject line includes a password that you probably have used at some point.
  • The sender says they have used that password to hack your computer, install malware, and record video of you through your webcam.
  • They say they will reveal your adult-website habits and send video of you to your contacts unless you send them bitcoin, usually $1,200 or $1,600 worth.

Here’s one example of these scam emails, sent in the past month:

• Did you recently receive an email with one of your old passwords in the subject line and a request for bitcoin?
  • It’s a new kind of scam.
  • The attacker probably took your password from a publicly available database of old leaked passwords and email addresses.
  • Here’s how to keep yourself safe.

There’s a new scam going around that would terrify most people if it ever landed in their inbox.

The emails are slightly different depending on who’s being attacked, but they all have a few similar features:

• The subject line includes a password that you probably have used at some point.
  • The sender says they have used that password to hack your computer, install malware, and record video of you through your webcam.
  • They say they will reveal your adult-website habits and send video of you to your contacts unless you send them bitcoin, usually $1,200 or $1,600 worth.

Here’s one example of these scam emails, sent in the past month:

5b577bf6a89a1d20008b4660.jpg

Ian Kar, a New York-based product manager who was sent the scammy email, said that after he received this threat, he spent an entire day changing all his passwords and buying 1Password, a password manager.

He said he was pretty sure his password was included in one of the big leaks in the past few years – databases have been stolen from LinkedIn, Yahoo, and eBay, for example. You can check whether your password is in one of these leaked databases over at the website Have I Been Pwned.

More at https://www.businessinsider.sg/new-...hreats-webcam-video-bitcoin-2018-7/?r=US&IR=T

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Our boss of this forum has posted a couple of threads that he has been scamily blackmailed as well :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Our boss of this forum has posted a couple of threads that he has been scamily blackmailed as well :biggrin:

I was caught wanking twice in one month.

What surprised me the most is that they managed to capture me wanking even though I don't have a webcam. The technology used by these scammers must be truly amazing.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was caught wanking twice in one month.

What surprised me the most is that they managed to capture me wanking even though I don't have a webcam. The technology used by these scammers must be truly amazing.

it has been around for many months.

ride hailing app are very good at this

covert operation.

Valium

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ginfreely Orh CB infront of computer, she received email, she very happy, ask him to upload already send her link. She wants to update all her social sexual profile.

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
but i am just curious, how do those scammers know that a password is actually associated with your email account? Or they just tikam tikam until strike jackpot?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
but i am just curious, how do those scammers know that a password is actually associated with your email account? Or they just tikam tikam until strike jackpot?

None of the emails that I received had any of my passwords displayed. All they said was that they had captured a video of me wanking despite the fact that I did not have a webcam attached to my computer.