• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Paulson & Bernanke's wage

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I watched on TV how those US Congressmen and Senators relentlessly questioned Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson & Feds Chairman Ben Bernanke in front of the whole world over the proposed 70b bail-out package, our multi-million dollar salaried cabinet ministers must feel terribly embarrassed.

Paulson and Bernanke are paid less than 10% of what our talented and no-fucking-shame cabinet ministers collect annually.

A

Alu862

Stiglitz J, 2006, Making Globalization work "SIngapore showed that with strong punishment and high government salaries, this kind of corrupton could be quickly stamped out".

Last edited by a moderator:

jw5

Loyal
When I watched on TV how those US Congressmen and Senators relentlessly questioned Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson & Feds Chairman Ben Bernanke in front of the whole world over the proposed 70b bail-out package, our multi-million dollar salaried cabinet ministers must feel terribly embarrassed.

Paulson and Bernanke are paid less than 10% of what our talented and no-fucking-shame cabinet ministers collect annually.
Paulson used to be the CEO of Goldman Sachs and Bernanke was a professor at I think Princeton University or some other top university.
They come with top credentials but more importantly, they always seems to be trying to help the american people.
Bernanke himself said that he has not been a corporate executive in a wall street company and he assured all the senators that his only goal was to help the american economy and the american people.
If only more of our country's officials could think like that.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... they always seems to be trying to help the american people.
... he assured all the senators that his only goal was to help the american economy and the american people.
who say dun hv? ...

Help the poor? Raise GST!

Help traffic flow? Up ERP!

Help passenger service? Up Bus fare/MRT fare!

Help us get taxi? Raise taxi fare!

Help us get good government? Raise Minister and Civil servants' salary!

ok, me gt dose fr here ... http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=16827&postcount=1

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Paulson used to be the CEO of Goldman Sachs and Bernanke was a professor at I think Princeton University or some other top university.
They come with top credentials but more importantly, they always seems to be trying to help the american people.
Bernanke himself said that he has not been a corporate executive in a wall street company and he assured all the senators that his only goal was to help the american economy and the american people.

i second your call for more capable folks who care for others...