• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP lightning struck not only Merlion but NY Statue of Liberty Freedom is Dead

obama.bin.laden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I declare Freedom Dead in USA.

:biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/a...htning-bolt-photographer-captures-images.html

Huge lightning bolt strikes Statue of Liberty...and someone captures it on camera

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:42 PM on 12th October 2010

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

article-1319774-0B940B40000005DC-663_634x842.jpg

article-1319774-0B940A40000005DC-826_634x635.jpg

article-1319774-00800A1800000258-699_634x483.jpg

It's sterling recompense for braving a storm. When New York photographer Jay Fine spent an evening trying to capture Mother Nature at her worst, he could only have dreamed of coming away with a photograph like this.

This is the amazing moment a lightning bolt was captured as it struck the iconic Statue of Liberty.

Mr Fine spent nearly two hours in Battery Park City poised with his camera and took more than 80 other shots before striking lucky with this particular bolt of lightning at 8.45pm on September 22.
Bolt from the blue: Jay Fine captured this incredible image as lightning strikes the Statue of Liberty in New York harbour

Bolt from the blue: Jay Fine captured this incredible image as lightning strikes the Statue of Liberty in New York harbour

The 58-year-old, who has been trying for more than 40 years to capture the magnificent moment, said he was stunned when he saw the image.

He said: 'I had been watching weather reports so I knew a storm was coming and it just seemed like a great opportunity.

'I was ready and waiting when the lightning finally started and took 81 shots before finally getting this one.

'I was shocked when I realised what had happened.

'It was pure luck really, a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's the first photograph of its kind I have ever seen.'

Lady Liberty is thought to have been hit by about 600 bolts of lightning every year since she was built in 1886.

More...

* Blog: Why Venice has been forced to sell its soul to the billboard devil...
* Inspiration: Plan your perfect holiday to New York
* Hotel review: Checking in at the Intercontinental Times Square, New York

The statue is made up of enormous copper plates and is 305ft tall.
Storm: The iconic New York monument, made from copper plates, is thought to be hit by up to 600 bolts of lightning every year

Storm: The iconic New York monument, made from copper plates, is thought to be hit by up to 600 bolts of lightning every year

Iconic: Mr Fine has been trying to capture an image of lightning hitting the Statue of Liberty for the last 40 years

Iconic: Mr Fine has been trying to capture an image of lightning hitting the Statue of Liberty for the last 40 years

http://news.xinhuanet.com/photo/2010-10/16/c_12665654_3.htm

美摄影师等候40年拍到闪电击中自由女神像

2010年9月,美国摄影师杰·费恩拍摄到闪电直接打在自由女神像上的惊人照片,费恩现年58岁,他尝试拍摄闪电打中自由女神像的照片已经有40多年了,从少年时期刚接触摄影开始,这就是他的一个心愿。为了拍摄闪电打中自由女神像的照片,费恩冒着暴风雨在曼哈顿的巴特利公园城守候了将近两个小时,摆好相机拍了80多张照片,最终在9月22日晚上8点45分等来了这一罕见时刻。“看到这一幕后我感到非常震惊,能拍到这样的照片只能说我走运,这种机会也许一辈子才有一次。”

12665654_961n.jpg