• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Indians hate WP?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In its efforts to sink roots in heartlands, the WP is now bent on infiltrating Chinese temples. Already it has succeeded in become pally-pally with some of the temples in Ang Mo Kio.(Don't ask me which are they.) PAP has noticed this and is trying to neutralize the trend.

Temples are PAP's stronghold. Not easy to infiltrate. Many of our temple leaders are intimately linked to MIWs.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd appreciate if you did not ride on my post to make another of your racist (and yes, it is racist) rants. Thank you.

Your opinion doesn't mean it's the truth so keep your self righteous judgmental shit attitude away from here and i can quote anyone's post and please don't flatter yourself by saying i am riding on it i picked up one important bit of information from there to state my piece. Lord. :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the temples have votes ? don't really see the point in infiltrating the temples.

Remember Ho Peng Kee? How LKY went to the ground to appease temple leaders in Yishun? Thereafter tasked kopitiam MP Ong Ah Heng to make sure temple leaders had no more grievances.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember Ho Peng Kee? How LKY went to the ground to appease temple leaders in Yishun? Thereafter tasked kopitiam MP Ong Ah Heng to make sure temple leaders had no more grievances.

i remember it. but i don't understand how the temples have votes ? in Taiwan, the temples are an important resource that are a significant part of the patronage networks in the area which included the powerful local families, local business and local triads. can tell me how the temple political thing work in Singapore ?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i remember it. but i don't understand how the temples have votes ? in Taiwan, the temples are an important resource that are a significant part of the patronage networks in the area which included the powerful local families, local business and local triads. can tell me how the temple political thing work in Singapore ?

LKY fears religious leaders nudging their followers not to vote for MIW. If religious leaders discreetly urge their flock to vote MIW surely no problem for LKY. So you are right. It's not confined to local politics but on a national level. Yet to know of a temple which is anti-PAP.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY fears religious leaders nudging their followers not to vote for MIW. If religious leaders discreetly urge their flock to vote MIW surely no problem for LKY. So you are right. It's not confined to local politics but on a national level. Yet to know of a temple which is anti-PAP.

think LKY worried too much. the religion or temple thing have little to no influence on our society. think he just wanted to play extra safe on the Yishun seat then by appeasing the temple leaders. the temples were in no way the determining factor in the Yishun seat.

do the temples provide manpower for the PAP ?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
think LKY worried too much. the religion or temple thing have little to no influence on our society. think he just wanted to play extra safe on the Yishun seat then by appeasing the temple leaders. the temples were in no way the determining factor in the Yishun seat.

do the temples provide manpower for the PAP ?

Not sure if they provide manpower but many are involved in one way or another with the MIW. Especially office bearers n influential members.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure if they provide manpower but many are involved in one way or another with the MIW. Especially office bearers n influential members.

that means that they are a part of the PAP extensive political patronage networks. it's just that their influence and usefulness are unknown, except to the PAP. the temples and the Chinese clans don't command any votes directly but it is better for the PAP to bring them into their camp than to allow them to lean toward the Opposition.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember how the Tan Clan endorsed Tony Tan's candidacy?

[video=youtube;ASKp_-DW1Vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASKp_-DW1Vg[/video]

Did they help to him to just beat Tan Cheng Bock? :wink:

that means that they are a part of the PAP extensive political patronage networks. it's just that their influence and usefulness are unknown, except to the PAP. the temples and the Chinese clans don't command any votes directly but it is better for the PAP to bring them into their camp than to allow them to lean toward the Opposition.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To better its chances, I opine WP should split some of its Aljunied GRC MPs to new battleground. No point having 5 strong chaps in one GRC and fielding unknowns in another. Just an opinion.

Aljunied can still go either way by 2016, so such a strategy should be decided closer to election.