• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Overheard 3

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
buay bai hor...

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/giXnfPgShaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HK film industry once they got a hit they will milk it for all its worth to death with an entire franchise and whole genre.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really enjoyed overheard 2. This looks like a criticism of the Land Lords Club...hope its good and hard hitting. Anyway a proper Cantonese movie will beat a taiwan or mainland show anytime.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Kong's best movie in past few decades is Infernal Affairs, sequels suck like shit.

The rest of the big-scale movies don't come close.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Kong's best movie in past few decades is Infernal Affairs, sequels suck like shit.

I like Johnnie To's PTU starring 任達華 and 邵美琪。the most classic scene is at arcade centre where Simon Yam order an ah beng to rub off his anggong on his neck while Simon want info from the ah beng big brother.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HK film industry once they got a hit they will milk it for all its worth to death with an entire franchise and whole genre.

Hk film industry isn't doing too well against hollywood but comeon hollywood is so powerful. I concur with your statement. Take inferal affairs for example. How many movies of moles did it spawn in HK alone? Laughing kor a character that made michael tse more famous that ekin cheng in 2000s is basically a character that played the same role as the cop that played the pai kia in infernal affairs by tony leung.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I more positive lah,,,I enjoyed overheard 2,,,and the Detective Dee phantom flame one,,and got this new Daniel Wu show,,say it on SQ 2 mths ago,,cant remember the title,,,quite good,,,

In general a HK movie budget is much much lower than a hollywood show,,and for the cost, I find the quality is quite good,,,so I would use the term value for money,,,this show also not bad what,,but must watch in Canto,,if watch in mandarin, good also become shit,,,

POSTER.jpg

Hk film industry isn't doing too well against hollywood but comeon hollywood is so powerful. I concur with your statement. Take inferal affairs for example. How many movies of moles did it spawn in HK alone? Laughing kor a character that made michael tse more famous that ekin cheng in 2000s is basically a character that played the same role as the cop that played the pai kia in infernal affairs by tony leung.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First part of Infernal Affairs really the best of all.. Tony Leung and Andy Lau played their parts brilliantly.. Quite gutted to see Tony being killed in the movie..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes really xian watching too much HK gangster movies.. My favorite romantic HK movies In The Mood for Love starring Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung.. I love the way the movie depicting HK in the 60s.. Tony Leung is really the epitome of cool..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Classic movie.

[video=youtube;foUOMfwPf70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foUOMfwPf70[/video]

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another HK Classic by Ray Lui.
[video=youtube;CQxfChEQo94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQxfChEQo94[/video]

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my all time favourite crime drama.
[video=youtube;RJ0s6-AxxmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ0s6-AxxmA[/video]