• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Once-in-a-lifetime soccer goal

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

The two-man bicycle kick

By Brooks Peck
<object height="322" width="512">
<embed src="http://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.46" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" flashvars="id=19269620&vid=7369394&lang=en-gb&intl=uk&thumbUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/videosearch/14361/106194186.jpeg&embed=1" height="322" width="512"></object>

Two players pull off one of the coolest kicks in soccer — simultaneously — on an incredible play.

In last Sunday's Argentina Primera Division match between Gimnasia La Plata and Boca Juniors, something happened that probably hasn't happened before and we probably won't see again. After the ball deflected off a Boca defender, Gimnasia's Sebastian Romero and Marco Perez both executed bicycle kicks at the same time to score a goal. Trying to figure the odds on both players executing overhead kicks in unison to put the ball in the back of the net is enough to make your head hurt, especially considering Perez had to scramble to his feet in order to get there. Gimnasia La Plata ended up winning the match 1-0 and instead of being credited with half a goal each, Perez was the one given sole credit and upon closer inspection, it looks like he at least got more of the ball than Romero (maybe?). Plus, he's the one who celebrated the goal first, which is nine-tenths of the law. Our friends over at Eurosport are cleverly calling it a "tandem" since that's what you call a two-person bicycle. I think I'll go with that, too. Or maybe just "wow" for short.