• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old Lee still in very much control of Spore!

kashmir

Alfrescian
Loyal
My gf recently landed a job with the MOE (not teaching btw).. boy does she haf tons of meetings to attend to.. she told me that even proposals relating to kindergartens and pri schs have to be vetted by the old man... not even the minister for education has the final say..

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
she told me that even proposals relating to kindergartens and pri schs have to be vetted by the old man

Are u sure? what kind of proposals?

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
vet every proposal? cannot be lah....

got so many ministry, many dept, even more proposals...he where got time?

adv0cate

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's the undeclare KING OF SG.
kind of like a monopoly to him.
sad to say, he mastermind the whole monopoly to his family.

american

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe it's his staff of assistants that vetted through the proposals? if MM is doing that, why we need a PM for?

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the old man have time for almost everything if he is dead set at it. He has the resources to do it; not necessary he himself alone. I guess he has a string of Personal Asst that does his handy work for him. He is literally a control freak.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My gf recently landed a job with the MOE (not teaching btw).. boy does she haf tons of meetings to attend to.. she told me that even proposals relating to kindergartens and pri schs have to be vetted by the old man... not even the minister for education has the final say..

Well. dun blame the old guy, Blame the sinkies for letting that to happen. They want a 3rd world ruler, that is what they get.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Man keeps an eye on MFA, MOE and MOH and some special pet topics eg water.

MOE has the largest payroll in the civil service and is important for ground politics. Singapore teachers are one the highest paid in the world and there is a reason for it. If both parents are teachers, they skyrocket to the top of % of income table.

It is also sensitive as this where the 3 main races converge on a daily basis.

UMNO is actually built and run on the network of teachers across the country. It is cheaper to run a political network that is funded by the state rather than the party. In singapore , it is no so obvious but the links have been there. The Singapore Teachers Union was led by PAP MP Ho Kah Leong for decades. Its no surprise that Teachers Estate was built in a nice patch of land and had the highest concentration of Div II Civil Servants. Though they were notorious for complaining about workload, streaming etc, ever heard a teacher complain about PAP.

Catherine Lim's eyes became wide open when left the service. Thats when the penny dropped. Same with Christine Lim Suchen. Psychologically you don't realise the elevated status until you are out there.

This is where money politics comes in. Both Journalist and Teachers are very well paid. They have also been reminded and told that their pay is well above world averages. They will then figure out not to rock the boat and not to impart political messages in class against the government.

Now you know why Civil Service Pay Scale which is available all round the world generally was withdrawn from public access for the last 2 decades.

Welcome to a "incorruptible and transparent" country.

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the old man have time for almost everything if he is dead set at it. He has the resources to do it; not necessary he himself alone. I guess he has a string of Personal Asst that does his handy work for him. He is literally a control freak.

He wants to and he needs to. At his age if he doesn't keep his mind 'active' it will cloud and degenerate... if it hasn't already lol.