• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NZ,8th happiest country in the world.

earmosim

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, guys

don't take it too seriously, enjoy your stay and visit to Auckland :smile:

Denmark tops the list as the happiest country.

Looking at data collected across 132 countries, the Gallup Organisation based their marks - released this month in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology - on representative samples of more than 136,000 people in each country.

Respondents were asked how they would rate their lives on a scale from zero (worst possible) to 10 (best possible), as well as answering a series of questions on positive or negative emotions.

The top 15 countries are Denmark and Finland (7.7), Norway, The Netherlands and Costa Rica (7.6), Canada and Switzerland (7.5), NEW ZEALAND (7.4), Sweden, Austria and Australia (7.3), United States (7.2), Belgium (7.1), Brazil and Panama (7.0).

- NZPA

source: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10656485

Attachments

• Going to Rain.jpg
    Going to Rain.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 261

counsel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kiwis should be happy people, with fewer people to compete for jobs, food and housing, NZ is a good place to go to be happy :smile:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kiwis should be happy people, with fewer people to compete for jobs, food and housing, NZ is a good place to go to be happy :smile:

I will say it is the variety of lifestyles to pursue.

In Singapore, we were too narrowly focused on the rat race, putting someone down, seeking bargains, making our job titles sound nicer and trying to outdo the neighbour.

There is more to look forward to in NZ, rather than a paycheck.

I do not care if my house there is going to be smaller than my current one, or whether I am driving a brandless car along the Northern Motorway.
My Singaporean friends will think that I look like a country bumpkin, so let it be.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will say it is the variety of lifestyles to pursue.

In Singapore, we were too narrowly focused on the rat race, putting someone down, seeking bargains, making our job titles sound nicer and trying to outdo the neighbour.

There is more to look forward to in NZ, rather than a paycheck.

I do not care if my house there is going to be smaller than my current one, or whether I am driving a brandless car along the Northern Motorway.
My Singaporean friends will think that I look like a country bumpkin, so let it be.

Jin tu-lan.. sounds so poor but deep down so HAPPY...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jin tu-lan.. sounds so poor but deep down so HAPPY...

There is nothing wrong with a small house. Less heating/cooling requirement. No need to have a PA system. No echo in the house in winter. Run solar. Garden watered using greywater. (Can we guarantee Auckland will not charge for water in future) Less stress!

There is also nothing wrong driving a 4-cylinder Toyota (I still dislike the design), Nissan or a Thailand made Honda car. Even Hyundai i30 can do. But not Great Wall car. As long as I do not stress over scratches or dents in my car.
But I will have a used 4WD to pull a trailer.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing wrong with a small house. Less heating/cooling requirement. No need to have a PA system. No echo in the house in winter. Run solar. Garden watered using greywater. (Can we guarantee Auckland will not charge for water in future) Less stress!

There is also nothing wrong driving a 4-cylinder Toyota (I still dislike the design), Nissan or a Thailand made Honda car. Even Hyundai i30 can do. But not Great Wall car. As long as I do not stress over scratches or dents in my car.
But I will have a used 4WD to pull a trailer.

Good plan ! I agree. I am plan to down grade too.. Once all my internal hse completed - in 2 mths.. I will proceed with external fence, auto swing gate etc.. Finally, "sell" in 5-7yrs time and move to a town house..

These days we need to live in a simple lifestyle to stretch our dollars further.. I hope retirement is within reach - a realistic dream..

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good plan ! I agree. I am plan to down grade too.. Once all my internal hse completed - in 2 mths.. I will proceed with external fence, auto swing gate etc.. Finally, "sell" in 5-7yrs time and move to a town house..

These days we need to live in a simple lifestyle to stretch our dollars further.. I hope retirement is within reach - a realistic dream..

Simple but HAPPY lifestyle.
But I wonder if it is a wise choice to have a townhouse over a villa for retirement. Stairs are harder to handle for older folks.