• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Monica Baey vs Nicolas Lim

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a straight forward case according to what I've read. the peeping Tom is from a rich/influential family

All the more reason for the authorities to show that it is fair-minded and fearless. Right now almost everyone is agreed that there are double standards. :roflmao:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What a vindictive crazy bitch!

colinmb-20.jpg

SINGAPORE - The National University of Singapore (NUS) will convene a committee to review its and support frameworks after an undergraduate posted on social media about her encounter with a peeping Tom at one of the university's residential halls.

The committee, which will include members from the NUS Board of Trustees, will study the approaches taken by other international institutions and solicit views from various stakeholders, NUS dean of students, Associate Professor Peter Pang, said in a statement on Saturday (April 20).

The findings of the study and follow-up actions will be shared in the new academic year, he added. The new academic year begins this August.

Many netizens have shared and commented on Ms Monica Baey's posts about being filmed in a shower at student residence Eusoff Hall.

In several other stories on her Instagram profile posted on Thursday and Friday, Ms Baey called for tougher action to be taken by the university.

"I want real consequences for perpetrators that commit such acts and I want to know that NUS will reprimand them seriously so other potential perpetrators know they will face punishment if they commit (such acts)," she wrote in a story on Friday.

The 23-year-old, who is currently on an exchange programme in Taiwan, told The Straits Times that the incident took place at 1am on Nov 25, 2018.

The third-year NUS communications and new media undergraduate said she noticed an iPhone being held underneath the door after she finished showering.

The peeping Tom ran away after she shouted, Ms Baey said. A girl who was outside the shower stall told Ms Baey she saw a man who ran down the staircase.

Shortly after, Ms Baey notified campus security and the Junior Common Room Committee of Eusoff Hall, the student representative body of the residence, of the incident.

colin-nus2-20.jpg

Ms Baey and the man were both former residents of the hall.

At the time of the incident, she was staying over in the hall with one of her friends.

She added that she sent a statement pushing for further action to the NUS Registrar's Office.

Ms Baey said she knew the perpetrator personally, and he was the boyfriend of one of her friends, who is a Eusoff Hall resident.

According to her, the perpetrator was made to write an apology letter and would have to undergo mandatory counselling. He was also banned from entering Eusoff Hall and suspended from school for a semester.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...dent-calls-for-tougher-action-against-man-who

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bastrd Nicolas ,parents musr be ”somebody”, SPF is indeed kangarooing justice.

Man jailed four weeks for filming woman in the shower

SINGAPORE - A man who filmed a woman in the shower was jailed for four weeks on Monday (May 22) after he admitted to intruding into the victim's privacy.

A second charge was taken into consideration.

The man, a Malaysian national, had denied filming the woman in the toilet of a flat they were both living in, when he was confronted by the victim.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ed-four-weeks-for-filming-woman-in-the-shower

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This bastrd Nicolas ,parents musr be ”somebody”, SPF is indeed kangarooing justice.

Man jailed four weeks for filming woman in the shower

SINGAPORE - A man who filmed a woman in the shower was jailed for four weeks on Monday (May 22) after he admitted to intruding into the victim's privacy.

A second charge was taken into consideration.

The man, a Malaysian national, had denied filming the woman in the toilet of a flat they were both living in, when he was confronted by the victim.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ed-four-weeks-for-filming-woman-in-the-shower

I've reported you to the authorities for contempt for our judiciary system. Let this be a warning to other oppies.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just can't figure out. I remember people being charged for taking upskirt photos. Why this NUS case not a police case? Maybe NUS is "home affairs" - government cannot interfere.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
After an investigation, police gave the man a 12-month conditional warning, something usually meted out to first-time offenders. It means that if they commit another crime, they would be charged for that and the earlier offence.
It meant that within this 12 months, don't get caught

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just can't figure out. I remember people being charged for taking upskirt photos. Why this NUS case not a police case? Maybe NUS is "home affairs" - government cannot interfere.

it was a Police case.
heard given stern warning.

Monica Baey vs Nicholas Lim :

Screenshot_2019-04-21-09-13-59-282_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_2019-04-21-09-13-22-758_com.whatsapp.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not a straight forward case according to what I've read. the peeping Tom is from a rich/influential family

Where did you read from seriously please share.

It was a police case since when it’s not a police case? The police let him off.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

if true then must be a Cheapo Rich Influential family.

by Market rate Monica should have received min s$260,000/- to buy her Silence.

go see thats what the HK taxi uncle get on Andy Hui and Jo Wong scandal.