• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NTUC say guarantee iron ricebowl

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
You believe??
SINGAPORE: FairPrice Assures Of No Job Losses
NTUC FairPrice, Singapore's largest supermarket chain, has said it will not fire any of its 6,400 employees, despite the worsening economic conditions.

Company chairman Ng Ser Miang was quoted in local papers as saying that the company’s board members had 'no plan' to cut back on staff levels. In fact, he added that the chain will go ahead with planned store openings, and create more jobs. He noted, “We will continue to grow our business and recruit new staff to meet our business expansion. We are still hiring temporary staff to cope with the coming festive period”.

He noted that while many companies will have to reduce staff in order to survive in the current economic climate, he suggested that they use this period to train their employees and forge greater loyalty.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is impressive.

READ IN BETWEEN THE LINES PLEASE,,,,,,,,

" most of our staff in supermarkets are part-timers. Those that are not will be converted to part-timers to save costs. As such, we are hiring even more part-timers especially banglas, filipinos, burmese, PRCs, and alsa some s'poreans".

KNN....go and see for yourself. Most staff there are part-timers.:biggrin:

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is pure MIWs double talk at its best.

It means no job losses during the festive periods.

And clearly it intends to hire more Foreign thrash to make up the numbers to squeeze Singaporeans to accept lower pay.

Dan

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
They may also convert those cooks for foodfair (SAF cookhouse) into p-timers. We'd never know if our soldiers are poisoned by the FTs.

visitor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed-Guaranteed NO retrenchment.

Just look at the queue and the people who shop like mad at all the outlets.

Where got RECESSION!

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
lhl1.jpg

"NTUC said only hor, I did not guarantee it hor, I'm still the final decision maker and I can ask anyone go back holan anytime I want. Hei hei hei hei hei.."