• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP chief Hazel should thank her lucky stars...

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... that she's not with WP, never mind that WP is a ticket with higher chance of winning.

For saying that NSP is not ready to form the government or wanting to be in the National Conversation after rejecting it, the big four OAO (Opposition Against Opposition) will infest the whole cyberspace with WP rants.

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, she is being realistic. No opposition party is ready to form the government.
What opposition should be doing is taking care of their own SMC or GRC properly first, step by step winning more seats and then talk about forming the government.
If any opposition talks about forming government now they are falling into PAP evil scheme.
The National Conversation is just wayang why should oppo join in.

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
nabey! i jus now pak ciao a bit and i saw your title as "NSP chick Hazel ..."... :p

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, she is being realistic. No opposition party is ready to form the government.
What opposition should be doing is taking care of their own SMC or GRC properly first, step by step winning more seats and then talk about forming the government.
If any opposition talks about forming government now they are falling into PAP evil scheme.

I agree with you.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No opposition party on and of its own is ready to form the government. Not for the next half-century.

But the opposition parties can work together in an alliance to wrest enough seats from the PAP to form a coalition government, along the lines of Pakatan Rakyat in Malaysia. It is achievable two elections from now, if not the very next. Question is, will some opposition party play ball?

Agree with you that the National Conversation is just one big wayang. It is an exercise to placate the loyal minions in the unions, civil service and grassroots organizations; it was never meant to open up the political space for the opposition, nor to foster genuine dialogue between citizens and government.

Last edited:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only problem is I do not see our Oppositions party able to come together. Happy if they do not go at each other's throat. Most having different philosophy, different issues to champion and for all to find a common ground and work together, it is really not that easy.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
yea. the opposition parties are happier at finding fault with one another. sometimes i think they just want a few minutes of fame as a "politician".

Only problem is I do not see our Oppositions party able to come together. Happy if they do not go at each other's throat. Most having different philosophy, different issues to champion and for all to find a common ground and work together, it is really not that easy.

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal
adu.jpg

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

If she is with the Vichy WP, she would be saying that her party is more than ready to be assimiliated into a PAP-dominated "coalition" regime.

Like the Vichy WP, she would then be supporting million dollar pay package for the Ministers, ie her future salary.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not being ready to form the government is one thing. But what is shocking is that she is saying that she's not ready to join the national conversation.

What is this shit?

If you are opposition, then what is the point of being opposition if you dowan to join the national conversation? Then we have parliament for fuck? Then they run for a seat in the parliament for fuck?

Now you're scared to open your mouth and put out some real ideas, some policies of your own? Very easy to shoot down PAP ideas hor, but how about standing up and putting up your own ideas for once? In case I'm not clear, I'm not pro-PAP. But I want the opposition to do their jobs.

Opposition should not be about merely opposing PAP policies. They should have a clear vision, a clear set of policies of their own. We don't want opposition for the sake of opposition. We want an alternative vision for Singapore!

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no opposition or government but Singaporean. Politic is voice out the people right that benefit to all and not personal gain voice. The voice out that make Singapore strong.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must not confuse the government with the party. Or the people of Singapore with the government.

NSP are operating in the political arena. That means they are looking at taking care of the same things that the government is taking care of. Other things like non-governmental organisations are not their problem. That means they are also not the private sector. They are also not the people - the people will lead their own lives.

So the NSP are working within the framework that there is a government. Their focus is on what the government can do, and they need to bring their ideas to the fore. It is not enough to criticise the government. That is no use because we all know that every government in the world is imperfect. Maybe there are some things that because of politics they cannot say out loud. Maybe their ideals or their plans will be compromised. That is probably acceptable.

What is not acceptable is they don't even have ideals or plans of their own. The voice of the people is political power. But what are you going to use that political power for, that is what I'm interested to know. You don't need to join the government's or the PAP's national conversation, and you don't need to phrase your national conversation on their terms. But you must have your own national conversation.

The business of the opposition is not only OPPOSING things, but it is also about RUNNING things.