• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New networking platform for young women

C

CCB

New networking platform for young women
By Amelia Tan

YOUNG women here have a new platform that will help them network with some of the country's most influential female executives and politicians.

The Young Women's Leadership Connection, officially launched last Thursday, brings together 60 female business students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and a group of women mentors.

The list includes hotelier Jennie Chua, entrepreneur Nanz Chong, UBS wealth management managing director Christine Ong, and politicians such as MP Indranee Rajah and Senior Minister of State (Finance and Transport) Lim Hwee Hua.

'Unlike for men, there are few or often no women role models,' said Mrs Lim, who jumpstarted the programme. 'Neither are there fellow women to commiserate with to share problems or to provide mutual support.'

The idea of the network was mooted two years ago by Mrs Lim, who found there was a dearth of networking and mentoring opportunities for working women.

She hopes the initiative will allow young women to form common interest groups and contact successful female mentors.

Plans include enrichment courses conducted by staff at financial services firm UBS, which supports the programme. Members also plan to get involved in community outreach projects.

Final-year NTU student Yeo Tong Tong, 21, who hopes to work as in a bank in future, is a member of the programme.

She said: 'I'm glad that with this network, I will be able to find the support I need when I enter the workforce.'