• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My wife's family bad encounter with George Yeo

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewtopic.php?t=429606
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>mmy

</TD><TD class=row1 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:07 pm Post subject: My wife's family bad encounter with George Yeo</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>My wife's family bad encounter with George Yeo

This thing happened many years ago. My wife's family stayed in Bedok. My wife's father had passed away and they held the wake at the void deck of their block. On one of the days of the wake, George Yeo suddenly appeared with his bodyguard who is a police officer from Special Branch. He sat at one of the tables and many of my wife's family members spoke to him in Mandarin. They were quite impressed a minister had come. However, George Yeo appeared not being able to understand much Mandarin. After several minutes, he suddenly got out of his chair and started walking off. It was found later that he had gone to the wrong wake. There was another wake for a grassroots leader who had passed away, several blocks away. When my wife's family members try to go nearer to George Yeo to know what happend, ie why he suddenly wanted to leave, they were blocked by his bodyguard. And they left hurriedly. George Yeo was there for 15 minutes and he did not utter a word. Not to mention that he did not pay any respects to my wife's father. Granted that he is a Catholic, he could also bow, without joss-sticks, even if he had gone to the wrong wake. He could have been a new minister at that time and thus less sensitive. However, because of the bad enounter, my wife's family members all vowed never to vote for him again.

Last edited by Timmy on Mon May 02, 2011 5:03 am; edited 4 times in total</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>Unregistered

</TD><TD class=row1 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:18 pm Post subject: </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>TemasekReview wrote:</TD></TR><TR><TD class=quote>George Yeo forced to apologize to molest victim for curt reply on Facebook after TR leaked the story
Temasek Review
Saturday, 16 January 2010

Singapore’s Foreign Minister George Yeo has apologized to the molest victim Miss Ang for his curt reply to her in a private message on her Facebook 10 hours after The Temasek Review broke the story, sparking a massive outcry in cyberspace.

On 11 January 2010, Miss Ang posted a comment on Mr Yeo’s Facebook seeking help to expedite police investigations in a pending molest case. Miss Ang had lodged a report in November last year and had yet to receive a reply from the police.

Instead of offering some words of consolation and support to her, Mr Yeo gave a one-liner reply:

Please see your MP”.

Mr Yeo’s rather insensitive reply drew flak from netizens who lambasted him for lacking “emotional intelligence” on our article which has drawn nearly 100 comments so far.

Out-of-touch felt that Mr Yeo’s lack of empathy is reflective of the entire PAP government:

“The Govt is getting out of touch with the common people. A story is told that if you put a frog in a pan of water and slowly raise its temperature, the frog can be cooked without being aware that it is unable to feel the changes in the ambient temperature….Its not cool to act “corporate” style by short curt but efficient answers such as Mr George Yeo gave to Ms Ang. We need smart mangers, BUT leaders capable of compassion and able to show caring feelings.”

As Foreign Minister, Mr Yeo is paid around SGD$2 million a year, more than 4 times the annual salary of U.S. President Barack Obama. It is not too much for Singaporeans who are paying his wages to expect a little bit of human decency, empathy and compassion from him.

If we had not published an article yesterday to publicize the matter to the public, Mr Yeo would never have realized his mistake.

Perhaps Mr Yeo may like to thank us for helping him brush up his PR skills so that he will be more careful when talking down to “lesser mortals” again.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Intel fail! Just as well they didn't try to raid MSK's hideout - might have stumbled upon Najib with his nasi bungkus.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Intel fail! Just as well they didn't try to raid MSK's hideout - might have stumbled upon Najib with his nasi bungkus.

Alamak!, Georgie discovered Anwar's undercover activities maybe?...:biggrin: Georgie Yo , bu wei jian hua yu!...wahh!...hokkien?, teochew? hainanese?....:wink:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
arrogant mother fucker! no respect for the death! just pay respect and sit for a while then go to the correct one will do. what is the prob??? vote him out!!!

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think GY can throw in the towel for Aljunied's GRC and GET OUT OF THE PARLIAMENT...............................................

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak!, Georgie discovered Anwar's undercover activities maybe?...:biggrin: Georgie Yo , bu wei jian hua yu!...wahh!...hokkien?, teochew? hainanese?....:wink:

He Teochew scholar lah , 讲华语 are for lesser mortals.
Please do not disgrace my dialect if he can speak 海南话.
Ma Mor Chee

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He Teochew scholar lah , 讲华语 are for lesser mortals.
Please do not disgrace my dialect if he can speak 海南话.
Ma Mor Chee

teo cheow lan...........you fill in the rest yourself...to be politically correct!...Ministar must know how to reach out to the ground mah!..must know, Hainanese, after all his short colleague at Tampines now raidded by NSP..must know how to ask " ah kor, lu ho bor"?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
teo cheow lan...........you fill in the rest yourself...to be politically correct!...Ministar must know how to reach out to the ground mah!..must know, Hainanese, after all his short colleague at Tampines now raidded by NSP..must know how to ask " ah kor, lu ho bor"?

Got lots of Teochew friends leh , saying they kar chng ang ang not nice lah :p
Heard Goh Meng Seng also Hailum ah kor besides the short fart in Tampines.
Think one of my senior clan members running for election also. In opposition of course :smile:
So , it's Teochew Ah Beng vs. Teochew Scholar in Aljunied GRC :biggrin:
Hailum Pai Kia vs. Hailum Wei Kia in Tampines GRC
:p