• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M'sian govt to double minimum property price for foreigners to RM1million?

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I make the plan 3 years ago and my relative says siao. But today I am staying here and travel to work in Sg till I officially retire and chilled out in big open spaces. The little red dot is so small and somemore now packed in 6.5 million.

And the best part is you make the money and someone comes along and just take as much to pay their sky high salary. Like this how to have money to retire.

Hey Bro, better start acting now to find your landed house, grow plants and drive cheaper car and explore more places than just shopping malls after shopping malls.

Yes. Of course one must plan diligently. But dont be like one of my friends. Always looking at pessimistic angle when mentioned JB. I told him he can just continue looking at all the "positive" angle of Spore.:rolleyes:

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share your thoughts too, bro. I love Spore. But not the......! Thats why i am buying a house in JB for my retirement.

So bro, dont think too long. Or else by then the minumum purchase price may be raised to 800k or even 1 million.

Better think twice before jumping in.

The way I see, if price is raised to 1 million, that would discourage some foreigners and foreigners who bought properties of about 500k to a million is unlikely to see appreciation in their properties as they can only be sold to locals. There is also a danger that the government may impose sale levy on foreigners like it did years back. The levy then was 100k. There is also risk of currency depreciation that may negate price appreciation.

Also like petrol, they may make foreigners to pay more for utilities or property tax.

May be better to rent than buy.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

The way I see, if price is raised to 1 million, that would discourage some foreigners and foreigners who bought properties of about 500k to a million is unlikely to see appreciation in their properties as they can only be sold to locals. There is also a danger that the government may impose sale levy on foreigners like it did years back. The levy then was 100k. There is also risk of currency depreciation that may negate price appreciation.

Also like petrol, they may make foreigners to pay more for utilities or property tax.

Thinking twice would be those who are coming in purely for investment. I think most are talking about buying for own stay/retirement.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

The clob fiasco and the 100k levy is already history due to diff between 2 personalities, both v soon also voice no hears.

Unless they don mind to be overtake by other poorer 3rd world countries catching up just like China which most do not believes can make it.

I see the current generation is more pragmatic and any measures would not be so drastic if need to implement or they would be scaring off investments when they need all the investments money to come in to grow the economy.

Being too slow would be like us missing the singapore property bull run and now turning to this market.

Anyway, to be safe, for Sg ppl, just buy one for own stay and if appreciate, then at least you don have to pay so much more later when you want to buy.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The signs are all there. Already written on the wall. I can forsee hard time in Spore in the very near future. Some companies already shifted their base to Iskandar region. For me at least i am buying to stay. At the same time for my children and their children++++