• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minibond Victim Petition to PM Lee

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
For those victims of banks and financial institutions mis-selling of structured products like Minibonds, DBS High Notes or Pinnacle Notes, the following is a new online petition started off by Mr. Tan Kin Lian to be sent to Prime Minister Lee.

The main thrust of the Petition is to get MAS to implement a similar
settlement to what is happening in Hong Kong, i.e. 60% now and 40% of
the maturity proceeds. This is reasonable and fair as the various investigations done by both MAS and HK SFC have indications that there are systematic mis-selling of these products to retail investors and fixed depositors.

Please help to spread the news about this petition.

<a href="http://www.petitiononline.com/PPMCLN3/petition.html">http://www.petitiononline.com/PPMCLN3/petition.html</a>

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
his father say no need to compensate, they walk in with their eyes open.

time for the son to show that he has grown up by helping the victims, but i guess chances are low.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those victims of banks and financial institutions mis-selling of structured products like Minibonds, DBS High Notes or Pinnacle Notes, the following is a new online petition started off by Mr. Tan Kin Lian to be sent to Prime Minister Lee.

the maturity proceeds. This is reasonable and fair as the various investigations done by both MAS and HK SFC have indications that there are systematic mis-selling of these products to retail investors and fixed depositors.

<a href="http://www.petitiononline.com/PPMCLN3/petition.html">http://www.petitiononline.com/PPMCLN3/petition.html</a>

GMS,
How about those people who lost their money in CLOB, including those invested with their CPF monies...when you know who was in charge, and mentioned to bring the cas to the International courts. Nothing was done then, will this petition work?

TKL is using this platform to further his ambitions, whatever that is, will be another case like VIVIEN, now appear to be championing the downtrodden, but when becoming a MEMBER, the piper changes the tune.

It is all 'wayang'...or in Hokkein they say, "mong kar chng hee"...:rolleyes:

you want to subscribe to this charade too?:eek:

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
pETITION FamiLEE?

Siao ay. Waste of time. You petition, they listen?

More like sue you for defamation!

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2mo83ds.jpg

"C'mon, you all went in with your eyes open ok"

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
GMS,
How about those people who lost their money in CLOB, including those invested with their CPF monies...when you know who was in charge, and mentioned to bring the cas to the International courts. Nothing was done then, will this petition work?

TKL is using this platform to further his ambitions, whatever that is, will be another case like VIVIEN, now appear to be championing the downtrodden, but when becoming a MEMBER, the piper changes the tune.

It is all 'wayang'...or in Hokkein they say, "mong kar chng hee"...:rolleyes:

you want to subscribe to this charade too?:eek:

I am not in a position to do anything on Clob which happens a decade ago, but I could just do a little bit more during this time.

It is precisely that Singaporeans do not really treasure their rights and given in so easily to every bits of nonsense in the past that we are in a sorry state right now. Be it Clob or some other matters, we just surrender our rights and our dignity away just for some little goodies or carrots hanging right in front of us.

I do not really care whether people say Mr. Tan Kin Lian is making use of this as an opportunity to push forward of his "ambition" or not but I do care about the erosion of Singaporeans' civil rights and sense of social justice.

When political opposition could be FIXED so easily without any dispute or at least noise from the public and votes being bought by whatever pork barrel political means, this society does not have hope at all. The Minibond saga has created a new perspective to Singaporeans' public space; to campaign whatever is just and fair, instead of just sit there and be a sucker.

We have to start somewhere, so let this Minibond saga be the starting of civil movement, activism or whatever you like to call it. When is the last time you have seen Singaporeans DARING enough to protest for anything? Never mind about whether one or two Tan Kin Lian gain anything from it. The society as a whole will actually benefit greatly from this movement.

Goh Meng Seng