• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Medical / Health] - Here's why everyone should be taking the [Taurine+Magnesium] supplement combo

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Based on the 47 medical research papers here : https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/supplements/volume-17-supplement-1

The combination of Taurine (available on iherb.com) and Magnesium (eg. magnesium glycinate or magnesium threonate, are recommended over other forms of magnesium, both available on iherb.com) has been medically proven to prevent and/or help with the following medical conditions or factors :

1) extends your lifespan

2) lowers blood pressure

3) lowers cholesterol levels

4) lowers blood sugar levels

5) prevents and treats constipation

6) prevents and treats migraines & headaches

7) prevents diabetes (if you're non-diabetic or pre-diabetic)

8) protects against harmful effects of diabetes (if you're diabetic)

9) prevents and helps with congestive heart failure

10) prevents and helps with cardiovascular disease

11) reduces your risk of heart attacks

12) reduces your risk of strokes

13) helps with weight loss and abdominal obesity

14) prevents and helps with metabolic syndrome

15) protects your eyes and supports healthy vision

16) neuroprotective against cognitive impairment and dementia

17) supports health of liver and protects it from damage*

18) supports health of kidneys and protects them from damage*

(*though you'll need Glutathione supplement, eg. Setria or N-acetylcysteine, to protect your liver & kidneys from damage by regular panadol / paracetamol / acetaminophen use, especially if you take panadol together with aspirin : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin/paracetamol/caffeine#Adverse_effects )

Can't edit original post (too many days have passed), so to add #19

19) Taurine (together with Arginine and Carnitine) helps to reduce and/or eliminate heart palpitations caused by cardiac arrhythmias (eg. premature atrial contractions, premature ventricular contractions, atrial fibrillation, and related sinus pauses).

Case histories of people with very frequent arrhythmias are presented showing 10-20g taurine per day reduced PACs by 50% and prevented all PVCs but did not prevent pauses. Adding 4-6g of l-arginine immediately terminated essentially all remaining pauses and PACs, maintaining normal cardiac rhythm with continued treatment.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16797868

Three amino acids are important for the treatment of atrial fibrillation (AF). First, a deficiency of carnitine has been found in patients with primary and secondary arrhythmia. Surgery can exacerbate this deficiency. In another study, intravenous carnitine (100 mg/kg) increased aortic blood flow, had an antiarrhythmic effect similar to that of quinidine (5 mg/kg), and was well tolerated. Second, taurine dampens the sympathetic nervous system and norepinephrine release, increases energy production, and regulates potassium, calcium, and sodium levels. Third, arginine is a nitric oxide precursor that helps restore sinus rhythm. Both taurine and arginine levels decrease with age. Taurine (10-20 g/d) reduced the incidence of AF by 50%, and arginine (4-5 g/d) helped reestablish sinus rhythm.
https://ndnr.com/cardiopulmonary-medicine/calming-atrial-fibrillation

Taurine reviews on :
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supp...024-TAURINE.aspx?drugid=1024&drugname=TAURINE

Reviewer: Ken, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer) :
Frequent PVCs and AFib. Take 1 gram taurine twice daily with 150mg magnesium glycinate twice daily. Now only occasional PVC with no AFib. Side-benefit is greatly improved vision -- cataracts seem to be clearing.

Reviewer: Redbird, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer) :
Am taking for afib, 6 grams daily with 1300 mg of magnesium and the results have been dramatic. Episodes are far less frequent and when they occur, much less severe.

Reviewer: slj, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer) :
I developed palpitations that were later defined as ectopics or PVCs. 1 gram of taurine a day almost eliminates them. I was later found to have low iron which may cause my palpitations, but even before starting iron supps the taurine cut them down and eased anxiety associated with them. I hope this helps someone.

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer) :
I have a-fib. Since starting 2 grams of Taurine daily (1 in AM, 1 in PM) the episodes have decreased markedly.

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer) :
Had Arrythmia for year and a half brought on by hard triathlon training. Heard about taurine's use on the radio. Took just 5mg each day and within six weeks all the extra beats went away and now heart beat is back to normal. i ceased the taurine and heart rythm has stayed regular. Hope this helps someone.

Reviewer: Lynn, 45-54 Female (Consumer) :
If I forget to take this I get afib more frequently. I use taurine by Metabolic Maintenance.