• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mdm Ho hosay liao. Ukraine buys 5100 Sg Made Tua Leng Kong Cheng

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Russian tanks are seen mounted with explosive reactive armour and even sandbags for these last 2 gen weapons. Got use? :cautious:
Well if you read up on it like the poster said, you would have come across the phrase tandem warhead.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well if you read up on it like the poster said, you would have come across the phrase tandem warhead.
I am not even remotely keen on reading about this. Though I know in passing that ERA is especially designed to counter shaped charges like the ones mentioned earlier, albeit imperfectly so if u really want to help other readers understand u need to provide more than some technical jargon. :unsure:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am not even remotely keen on reading about this. Though I know in passing that ERA is especially designed to counter shaped charges like the ones mentioned earlier, albeit imperfectly so if u really want to help other readers understand u need to provide more than some technical jargon. :unsure:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
A Tandem war head Anti Tank Weapon is a weapon where one smaller shaped charge warhead is placed in front of a larger shape warhead. The theory is that when the weapon hits the target, the first charge will hit the ERA and detonate it, leaving a gap in the armour. The second charge will then detonate and shoot a molten jet into this gap and penetrate the armour. New weapons are being designed with tandem warheads. And even old weapons like 84 mm Carl Gustav recoiless rifle have new rounds with tandem warheads. This is a very successful system. There is always a counter to every new armour development.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Russian tanks are seen mounted with explosive reactive armour and even sandbags for these last 2 gen weapons. Got use? :cautious:
some of the newer anti-tank ammo do a last minute trajectory change to hit the tank from the top where there’s less protection.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
some of the newer anti-tank ammo do a last minute trajectory change to hit the tank from the top where there’s less protection.
I doubt our el cheapo shoulder launched at guns are that sophisticated but I have not kept up with the latest developments. :unsure:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt our el cheapo at guns are that sophisticated but I have not kept up with the latest developments. :unsure:
see the trajectory change (going upwards and finally downwards) after being fired straight at target? smart munitions. i’m sure sg in cahoots with german manufacturer are making it “smart” too. may also perform tracetogether, safe entry, and tag a sticker too. lol.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
see the trajectory change (going upwards and finally downwards) after being fired straight at target? smart munitions. i’m sure sg in cahoots with german manufacturer are making it “smart” too. may also perform tracetogether, safe entry, and tag a sticker too. lol.
Yes the western stuff are pretty sophisticated. Our bargain bin weapons I just don't think so. May be do live testing for us who knows. #PrayforUkraine

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The SAF equivalent to the Javelin is the Spike ATGW which also has top down capability. All this shit like Javelin is of limited use in Singapore. You will see from that video and all the videos of its use in Ukraine that the missile is employed in open terrain at ranges exceeding 1km, which does not exist in singapore. The matador is probably a more suitable anti tank weapon in the sinkie terrain.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
For Urban fighting like what you will see in S'pore, all these Javelins, NLAWs, etc are of limited use. They need an operator to acquire the target, which will take a few seconds (an eternity in combat), and guide the weapons, (a few seconds more), and that let the auto track feature take over. This really takes too long. What is needed in S'pore's terrain is an anti tank weapon that can be fired very quickly. Likely scenarios involve a soldier tracking a AFV on the street below, pop up from the 8th story of a HDB block, fire at the top of the tank or AFV and then scoot off. 3 seconds at the most. Even better, in urban warfare, u want hunter killer anti tank teams that carries a weapon mobile enough for them to follow a tank using rubble and building to hide themselves, then pop up and shoot the tank from the back and scoot off. SO, you are looking at RPG-7 and 9s, Armbrust, Matador, Carl Gustav, etc. Not these Javelins and NLAWS.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If I were MINDEATH, I would be smart about it and contact the US and offer to sell 5000 units of old stock Armbrust to the Ukrainians. Offer to fly them to Poland and have them in the hands of the Ukrainians within 5 days. The US are buying weapons every where to send to the Ukrs. I would even deplete the SAF stock of Matadors and sell it to the Ukrs too.

Also the one thing the Ukrs don't have and want badly would be an automatic 40mm grenade launcher, and ST Kinetics cornered the market in that. I would have offered up the STK 40 AGL to them. They would love a belt fed automatic 40mm grenade launcher. Its crew served but would have given the Ukrs serious suppressive fire capability.