• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many bastards Myanmar PR become stateless in Singapore

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE – Madam May Kyaw was headed to Bangkok in August when she was stopped at Changi Airport.

“I was flying to Bangkok to meet a friend and when passing through immigration, the officer told me that my passport was invalid,” said the 50-year-old Myanmar national and Singapore permanent resident (PR).

“I renewed it in December 2022, so it was supposed to expire only five years later, in 2027.”

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Madam May, who has been living here since 2008 and runs a shop in Peninsula Plaza, is among at least three Singapore PRs from Myanmar who have had their passports invalidated by the junta, The Straits Times has learnt.

She believes she was targeted as she is a supporter of the National League for Democracy (NLD).

A general election in November 2020 saw NLD and its leader, Ms Aung San Suu Kyi, returned to power, winning 86 per cent of seats in a landslide victory.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Madam May, who has been living here since 2008 and runs a shop in Peninsula Plaza, is among at least three Singapore PRs from Myanmar who have had their passports invalidated by the junta, The Straits Times has learnt.

She believes she was targeted as she is a supporter of the National League for Democracy (NLD).

A general election in November 2020 saw NLD and its leader, Ms Aung San Suu Kyi, returned to power, winning 86 per cent of seats in a landslide victory.

This Madam May already PR for more than 10 years still never convert to become Sinkie?

I suspect she is quite happy this happened, probably applying for refugee status to run road to AMDK countries live high life!

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Madam May already PR for more than 10 years still never convert to become Sinkie?

I suspect she is quite happy this happy, probably applying for refugee status to run road to AMDK countries live high life!
Basically, she's still a Mynmmar citizen. She's not stateless.
Just that the govt don't want to renew her passport left her with no choice.

She got to go back to Mynmmar. Or scoot to somewhere when she can apply for refugee status.