• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia spends RM9,039,000 to counter ‘Islamophobia’ by distributing copies of Quran worldwide. Sinkie, how would you use it if you received one?

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.benarnews.org/english/news/malaysian/quran-distribution-02272023134319.html

Malaysia has set aside more than U.S. $2 million in the 2023 budget to counter Islamophobia by translating and printing the Quran in several languages and distributing copies internationally.

Of the copies that will be printed under the plan, the first of its kind by the government, 20,000 will be sent to Sweden where a far-right politician recently burned the Muslims’ holy book on at least two occasions.

The 10 million ringgit ($2.2 million) plan is meant to create a better understanding of Islam, Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim told reporters after an event titled “International Forum on Islamophobia,” which was held in the administrative capital, Putrajaya.

“We will print 20,000 in Swedish – and other languages too – for the purpose of better understanding,” he told reporters.

“Why it has become an issue is because those against Islam never read the holy book. …. So, we have to go back to the text or at least the translation to save and enlighten others about the deeper meaning of the religion.”

Anwar said the translations, publication and distribution will show wisdom and maturity in the face of unnecessary attacks on Islam.

Swedish-Danish politician Rasmus Paludan publicly burned the Quran in Sweden last month – on Jan. 21 during a protest, and on Jan. 27, in front of the Turkish embassy.

Anwar had condemned the acts, saying there was a need to educate non-Muslims.

“Yes we must protest, but it is also important we must give our understanding and do our utmost to ensure the message of the Quran is alive,” Anwar had said at a book launch, according to local media.

Joachim Bergström, Swedish ambassador to Malaysia, welcomed Anwar’s announcement.

“I am personally delighted that the Al-Quran, this globally important text, will be more accessible in my native country and in Europe,” Bergström told BenarNews.

“I even own several copies. I have spent many years of my life living and working in the Muslim world – including as Sweden’s special envoy to combat Islamophobia between 2016 and 2021 – and I am convinced that knowledge and dialogue are the way to promote understanding and peace.”

The Saudi Arabian government has undertaken a similar initiative to Malaysia’s planned one.

By 2000, the Middle Eastern country had distributed more than 138 million copies of the Quran across several countries, accord to the Heritage Foundation and other sources. More recently, media reported the country distributed 30,000 copies in Kenya in 2022…….

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anwar will be the last of the umno NEP PM. After this, who knows where the country will be heading to.
The gomen already acknowledge NEP has failed countless times, but nobody dare to abolish it.
Malays can only succeed if they had immersed in Wu Wei.
If they had not messed with everything the british left behind, they would have gone further,
But they had to meddle and chsnge and wasted experimenting eventually decades from now the conclusion will be country could've been better off if it all had been left alone.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anwar will be the last of the umno NEP PM. After this, who knows where the country will be heading to.
The gomen already acknowledge NEP has failed countless times, but nobody dare to abolish it.
Malays can only succeed if they had immersed in Wu Wei.
If they had not messed with everything the british left behind, they would have gone further,
But they had to meddle and chsnge and wasted experimenting eventually decades from now the conclusion will be country could've been better off if it all had been left alone.

The PM after him will be more religious definitely.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will keep it in my personal library as it will most likely become a collectors' item in future. :biggrin: