• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

look at these parasites who never do NS but rave about stuyding in Sg

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indian students like it here

INDIAN students are very satisfied with the education system in Singapore.

This was one of the findings of a 2007 survey of 2,144 foreign students enrolled in Singapore education institutions - private, foreign system schools, universities and public schools - conducted by the Singapore Tourism Board on how satisfied they were with Singapore's education system.

About 72 per cent of the students said they were pretty happy studying in Singapore, with the Indian students being the most satisfied.

The students agree that it is easy to adapt to Singapore's cosmopolitan environment.

Ms Pooja Ramavat, who is from Mumbai and is doing her MBA at the Management Development Institute of Singapore, said she came to Singapore because her best friend had raved about studying here.

"It is really easy to get around, safe and food is easy to get," said Ms Ramavat, 24. She is here with her boyfriend who is also an MBA student. She paid about $26,000 for her year-long course.

Proximity to family was another reason they picked Singapore.

Mr Rishi Bhatnagar, who is from Rajasthan and is a second-year chemical engineering student at National University of Singapore (NUS), chose to study here because his family is in Jakarta.

"My father works in Jakarta and I did my high school there. When I was deciding where to do my university, it was either India or Singapore. I chose Singapore because it is closer to Jakarta and NUS has a world-class reputation," said Mr Bhatnagar, 18.

Ms Nayana Mariam Jacob, who is from Kerala and is a third-year economics student at Singapore Management University (SMU), said she picked Singapore because of the proximity to her family who is based in Kuwait.

"I had considered applying for colleges in the US, UK and especially India since my family was planning to move back there. But we felt in terms of cost and quality of education as well as safety, Singapore was a good choice ," said Ms Jacob, 20.

University course fees are between $20,000 and $30,000 a year, depending on the course. While it may be cheaper to study in Singapore compared to the US or UK, one thing that does bite is the cost of living here.

Most of the students told tabla! that they spend between $1,200 and $2,000 a month on rent, travel and food.

Ms Kamsin Kanwar, 21, who is from New Delhi and a second-year mass communications student at the Singapore Institute of Management, is one who watches her budget. "Singapore is quite expensive compared to India," she said.

Another thing the students from India have to deal with is Singlish - the local patois which is a rapid mish-mash of English, Malay, Tamil and Chinese words.

tommy

Alfrescian
Loyal
University course fees are between $20,000 and $30,000 a year, depending on the course. While it may be cheaper to study in Singapore compared to the US or UK, one thing that does bite is the cost of living here.

Look on the bright side. These neh neh pay full tuition fees. They bring in $$$ to Singapore's economy :biggrin:

tommy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who take our subsidy, how many run road and we neh catch?
<!-- / message -->

They should be bonded when they are given a subsidy. I guess they must have paid the penalty to run road :biggrin: