• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY Scaring Us?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the wayang LKY and its syncophantic Sunday Times put out today.

People, please remember LKY is a politician. Period.

It is in his interest to remain in power. With the possibility of loing a few seat looming large this GE, the old dog is using his old political tricks.

Fear. He has been known to be using it in the past. In 2006, it was the resumption of terror attacks and LHL quickly capitalised that by calling a GE.

In 2001, it was 9/11.

In the late 90s, it was the financial problems in the region.

So what he is doing is not new.

This year he is trying to rally the people behind him ( and ultimately PAP) by demonising Indonesia and Malaysia, his usual bad guys in the neighbourhood.

What LKY has not understood or maybe sidestepping, is that we know the external situation. What we are not happy about is the quality of the Ministers and governance this time round.

Its OK to spend 6% DP on defence. 10% if you have to.

But it is suicide to have greedy ministers that give us lousy policies. We can see. We are not daft citizens.

But if you truly feel so, I think it is about time you move out from the scene.

Let us determine OUR future. After all it will not be YOUR future that is at stake.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is their "Joker card", for each & every before an election, he will tell you tales to scare you to vote for the People's Affordable Party.

Please listen....please listen to what the man says....time is running short!:p unless they have found a way to connect from here to the there after, we may still get to hear from him...from there & after! :biggrin:

Please SINgaporeans, "listen to what the man says"...it is good for you!:o

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes my fellow SINgapooreans...
Listen to what the old man says, and you will have your rice bowl full of green green grass..

p/s : grass only if you are lucky. else sands.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q71tP7UaNSA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q71tP7UaNSA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

http://www.thesundaily.com/article.cfm?id=56369

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the wayang LKY and its syncophantic Sunday Times put out today.

People, please remember LKY is a politician. Period.

It is in his interest to remain in power. With the possibility of loing a few seat looming large this GE, the old dog is using his old political tricks.

Fear. He has been known to be using it in the past. In 2006, it was the resumption of terror attacks and LHL quickly capitalised that by calling a GE.

In 2001, it was 9/11.

In the late 90s, it was the financial problems in the region.

So what he is doing is not new.

This year he is trying to rally the people behind him ( and ultimately PAP) by demonising Indonesia and Malaysia, his usual bad guys in the neighbourhood.

What LKY has not understood or maybe sidestepping, is that we know the external situation. What we are not happy about is the quality of the Ministers and governance this time round.

Its OK to spend 6% DP on defence. 10% if you have to.

But it is suicide to have greedy ministers that give us lousy policies. We can see. We are not daft citizens.

But if you truly feel so, I think it is about time you move out from the scene.

Let us determine OUR future. After all it will not be YOUR future that is at stake.
What is new?He has been doing it for such a long time.

Interesting thing is that many people who had real time experience,like me since 1959,still failed to relate LKY to "SCARING"

Instead it was our younger generation who can see thro' this old fox in double quick time.

We can see obvious progress among the generations.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is new?He has been doing it for such a long time.

Interesting thing is that many people who had real time experience,like me since 1959,still failed to relate LKY to "SCARE"

Instead it was our younger generation who can see thro' this old fox in double quick time.

We can see obvious progress among the generations.

Younger generation better educated. More travel, live and study overseas. With an enlightened mind, not so easy to con anymore.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Younger generation better educated. More travel, live and study overseas. With an enlightened mind, not so easy to con anymore.

More people are educated due to the internet.
I think if LKY can impose the "illegal gathering" rule on a internet forum, he will do it.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly!spot on

LKY has now officially switch to "patriotism",this 87 years old has a rather active brian,we shall see whether "patriotism" can fly,most likely not,the facult is also his as he has been OVER playing GLOBALISATION card for much too long,as with every thing that LKY does,OVER DOING IT!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can confidently tell Sinkies and I can also guarantee that once lky and his cronies goes this country and its people wil have more pleasant lives.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can confidently tell Sinkies and I can also guarantee that once lky and his cronies goes this country and its people wil have more pleasant lives.
I am not so sure about that,but in the end,it would be much better,that is for sure!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's current crop of ministers are woefully underperforming.

Its not like Singapore is bereft and dearth of capable people.

Those capable ones are not in govt due to their refusal to bow to LKY.

Sidestepping, fearmongering, demonising, namecalling, divide-and-rule are part and parcel of politiking that LKY is very adept at.

Refusal of LKY to reform our system and removal of his inadequate son says a lot about cronyism.

If LHL were to come from somebody's elses loins, he would be out the door a long time ago.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may not like him but many people are buying his new book!

Taking his views & advice as if he is Oracle...

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get something straight. I do not dislike LKY.

He has undoubtedly contributed to Singapore' s development.

It is the subsequent errors of judgement in picking talent that I question.

Also his refusal to change the system and level the playing field.

At the rate he is moving, SIngapore does not stand a chance of surviving past 2050.

We will be the next Haiti in 2100.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
every career has a shelf-life.

even statesmen. they contribute most when in their prime, considered in their 50s to 70s...

this man is past his due date. he may have done his job well last time but should really step aside already. he is no longer relevant. his words hold no water.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please listen....please listen to what the man says....time is running short!:p unless they have found a way to connect from here to the there after, we may still get to hear from him...from there & after! :biggrin:

I rarely read the ST since I stopped subscribing 10+ years ago.

Are the communists invading :eek:

Better alert MOM to prepare more work permits:rolleyes:

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Try to con the new citizens and tell them to serve NS to protect LKY from the north and south due to his mouth.

You see where the votes go to.... hahahaha

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
every career has a shelf-life.

even statesmen. they contribute most when in their prime, considered in their 50s to 70s...

this man is past his due date. he may have done his job well last time but should really step aside already. he is no longer relevant. his words hold no water.

You're absolutely correct. About one month ago that old bastard made a statement that the
property market is not overheated and there's no bubble at all.

Three days ago short-arse MBT introduced another doze of measure to curb the property market.

It's a big slap on the old bastard's face!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're absolutely correct. About one month ago that old bastard made a statement that the
property market is not overheated and there's no bubble at all.

Three days ago short-arse MBT introduced another doze of measure to curb the property market.

It's a big slap on the old bastard's face!

MM's senile already. Only left one more stage to go through. This could be the year. Results of this GE may aid that process.