• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lina to lost PP by 3000votes

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before the TV forum, I predict LIna will lost PP by 800-1000 votes

But after the forum , it seem like seto will win by 60%

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before the TV forum, I predict LIna will lost PP by 800-1000 votes

But after the forum , it seem like seto will win by 60%

Before TV forum, some hope for LC. After forum, no more hope. She should know her strength and limitations. Why get exposed so easily? Was quite an embarrassment watching her struggle in understanding questions posed.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before TV forum, some hope for LC. After forum, no more hope. She should know her strength and limitations. Why get exposed so easily? Was quite an embarrassment watching her struggle in understanding questions posed.

how many Singaporeans especially Potong Pasir residents bother to watch that TV forum? I every day come here talk cock about elections, even I can't be bothered to watch that show, so dull and boring.

wheater she can win Potong Pasir or not depend entirely on local ground sentiments. PP constituents are not going to vote for or against her based on her TV performances. the election battle in Potong Pasir is 90% local. CST, her husband is PP incumbent mp for 25 years. She apparently worked PP ground for years. The nationwide vote swing is surely in favor of oppositions this GE. imo she still has a good chance of winning this seat.

Ok, if Mrs Chiam don't win PP, Maximilian Chua-Heng will chop lanjiao. :biggrin:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
how many Singaporeans especially Potong Pasir residents bother to watch that TV forum? I every day come here talk cock about elections, even I can't be bothered to watch that show, so dull and boring.

wheater she can win Potong Pasir or not depend entirely on local ground sentiments. PP constituents are not going to vote for or against her based on her TV performances. the election battle in Potong Pasir is 90% local. CST, her husband is PP incumbent mp for 25 years. She apparently worked PP ground for years. The nationwide vote swing is surely in favor of oppositions this GE. imo she still has a good chance of winning this seat.

Ok, if Mrs Chiam don't win PP, Maximilian Chua-Heng will chop lanjiao. :biggrin:

I disagree. Simply because she is the SPP candidate for PP, many people from that constituency would have tuned in to watch the programme to see how she performed. Also, the constituency now has 2,000 more voters in condos which she says she has essentially not met because she cannot gain entry into the condos. It is exactly those kinds of people who would have tuned in and would have been aghast at seeing someone who would embarrass herself in Parliament, if elected.

I like the Chiams very much, especially CST, but I think that Lina Chiam's performance last night has essentially secured her defeat. The impression left is that this is a lady who is clueless about most things. I would say that the irony is despite a national swing against PAP, the vote in PP would go in the other direction.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sad to see only one opposition candidate is doing alright with his public speaking skill. If you are standing in as a candidate, don't mention about what your husband thinks please. If you do not have any idea to present, don't take up the forum debate challenge. Would be sad to CST lose PP but then against that is what happen when you fail to plan for successor. Failure to plan is planning to fail. I think they lack the practice on open debate against miw.

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree. Simply because she is the SPP candidate for PP, many people from that constituency would have tuned in to watch the programme to see how she performed. Also, the constituency now has 2,000 more voters in condos which she says she has essentially not met because she cannot gain entry into the condos. It is exactly those kinds of people who would have tuned in and would have been aghast at seeing someone who would embarrass herself in Parliament, if elected.

I like the Chiams very much, especially CST, but I think that Lina Chiam's performance last night has essentially secured her defeat. The impression left is that this is a lady who is clueless about most things. I would say that the irony is despite a national swing against PAP, the vote in PP would go in the other direction.

would say that the irony is despite a national swing against PAP, the vote in PP would go in the other direction.

Agree with u, there will be a 5% swing for PAP nationwide, but in PP it will be a swing of 10% this other way round

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the vast majority are not interested in politics, this is a worldwide trend. even if the oppo candidate contesting my constituency appear in the election tv forum, I will not watch. I hope that pap or oppo mp candidates don't knock on my door to disturb me during campaigning period. I vote for oppositions but I have no interests in talking to them. I would have voted for any oppositions be it him, her or a sack of shit. my point is Singaporeans and PP constituents in general have already made up their mind who to vote for this GE that is so close now. A TV forum will change few voters' mindset.

so Potong Pasir electoral boundaries has changed? I agree that the 2,000 condos voters political allegiance will worry the Chiams.

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm afraid the people here are right. Watch the Part 2 of the CNA debate to see how Lina fare.

She really did badly, cannot answer the questions, blur for so long, the moderator was kind enough to lead her. She is an embarrassment to the opposition.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad to see only one opposition candidate is doing alright with his public speaking skill. If you are standing in as a candidate, don't mention about what your husband thinks please. If you do not have any idea to present, don't take up the forum debate challenge. Would be sad to CST lose PP but then against that is what happen when you fail to plan for successor. Failure to plan is planning to fail. I think they lack the practice on open debate against miw.

Exactly my sentiments! She fared very badly; sounded incoherent; inarticulate and unable to speak with conviction and authority! Since she is standing as a candidate, Lina must speak her own mind; propound her own independent thoughts; quoting her husband is a boo-hoo when all her husband quoted is such an of-repeated painful cliche; she cannot win by hanging on Chiam's coattails; she must appear more confident next time when she speaks in public or in front of cameras. SPP has lost steam, momentum and credibility. Imho, she appeared overawed by the occasion; cowed by the rest of the speakers and disorientated by the host!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad to see only one opposition candidate is doing alright with his public speaking skill.

IMO Gerald did ok. He is young and perhaps with his potential, WP is grooming and exposing him to voters.

VW was simply the best among those present. Like I asked many times previously, why did he associate himself with SDP? He should have joined WP and further strengthen the Aljunied team. VW, SL, LTK, GG and that scholar who returned. What a team!

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
VW was simply the best among those present. Like I asked many times previously, why did he associate himself with SDP?

VW in a party other than SDP may not be able to say things like obscene ministers salary, libel lawsuits to bankrupt opposition etc. And VW said all that in this forum, right in the face of the PAP. No party other than the SDP dare to speak up on these topics.