• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Lifeguard Style,' Gangnam Spoof Video, Got 14 California Lifeguards Fired (VIDEO)

Vanessa

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Lifeguard Style,' Gangnam Spoof Video, Got 14 California Lifeguards Fired (VIDEO)

The Huffington Post | By Kathleen Miles Posted: 09/07/2012 5:22 pm

A group of red swimsuit-clad lifeguards thought they were having some innocent summer fun when they made a spoof video of a Korean pop singer's dance moves. Instead, all fourteen lifeguards were fired Wednesday.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fpVmMtUlKQc?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

In the YouTube video above, young lifeguards who worked at a city pool in El Monte, Calif. can be seen rubbing sunscreen on each other, dancing in synchronization and doing lots of hip thrusts (including underwater).

As countless other videos have done this summer, the video--titled "Lifeguard Style"--is a spoof of singer PSY (Park Jae Sung)'s "Gangnam Style" music video, released in July, in which he performs his signature "horse-riding dance." His video is a viral sensation. But when the young California lifeguards mimicked the video move-by-move, their supervisors "said the entire video was inappropriate and disgusting," Gabriel Gonzalez, a lifeguard supervisor who was terminated, told NBC.

But that's not the official reason the city is giving for the 14 terminations. Instead, the city said in a statement that the group was fired for using city property, including the pool and their uniforms, for private use.

The lifeguards said they were off the clock when they shot the video and that they were just having fun.

"The video was made just to have fun memories before we go back to college," one of the lifeguards, Juliet, told KTLA. "We didn't think it would offend anyone," she said.

"The community is telling us, 'What's wrong with the video?' I'm still kind of confused by all of this. I've dedicated myself to that place," fired pool manager Gabriel Gonzalez, 23, told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

What's worse is that thirteen of the fourteen were college students using their income to pay for tuition and books, ABC reports. Their biggest concern is how this might affect their futures in college, graduate school and the job market.

"To be blunt, this was my only job and my only source of income in terms of paying for books and contributing to my schooling. So as of right now I guess I'll be back on the job hunt, and I don't even know if I'm going to get any good recommendations now with this going on," fired lifeguard Michael Roa said.

"We just felt it was really unfair and not really grounds for termination," former lifeguard Alexander Huerta told CBS. "I thought maybe a write up or a suspension; not that I would be asked to leave," fired lifeguard Daniel Surmenian agreed.

The group has since started a Facebook page titled, "Bring Back The El Monte Aquatic Center 14," which has 584 likes, and a petition on Change.org to get their jobs back up, which has 465 signatures so far. They plan to bring the matter to the next city council meeting.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 'Lifeguard Style,' Gangnam Spoof Video, Got 14 California Lifeguards Fired (VIDEO

Retards. Fat asses.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: 'Lifeguard Style,' Gangnam Spoof Video, Got 14 California Lifeguards Fired (VIDEO

How that fat lump of shit ever qualified as a life guard is beyond me.

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simple what. Don't you know fat floats hence the more fat you have on you the more qualified you are as being a life guard :smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Simple what. Don't you know fat floats hence the more fat you have on you the more qualified you are as being a life guard :smile:

There's more to being a life guard than just being able to float you twit. :rolleyes:

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal

There's more to being a life guard than just being able to float you twit. :rolleyes:

That is true but there are different types of life guards. Some have to run along the beach and swim against the sea current to save a life but some manning the swimming pools just have to throw themselves into the pool and call the drowning twit to hold on hehe :smile: Guess those fat ones are the pool type anyway if you look at the comments below all great twits think alike using the fat as floatation :smile:

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fat can lose weight and become slim and sexy

But you small limp dick cannot be cured, unless you go for lanjiao implant

Oh I forgot you got no use for dick except when it up your backside

We all know why you love your seatless bike limp-dick loser

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Fat can lose weight and become slim and sexy

But you small limp dick cannot be cured, unless you go for lanjiao implant

Oh I forgot you got no use for dick except when it up your backside

We all know why you love your seatless bike limp-dick loser

Excellent post. I have added to your points.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I bet all 14 will be reinstated. Talk about over reaction and going over the top. The management should be glad that they have a fun loving crew and there is great team spirit within the outfit.

nonsense

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

993254-lifeguard-video.jpg

991431-lifeguard-video.jpg

000956-lifeguard-video.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gimme A Break !

But that's not the official reason the city is giving for the 14 terminations. Instead, the city said in a statement that the group was fired for using city property, including the pool and their uniforms, for private use.

The lifeguards said they were off the clock when they shot the video and that they were just having fun.

"The video was made just to have fun memories before we go back to college," one of the lifeguards, Juliet, told KTLA. "We didn't think it would offend anyone," she said.

"The community is telling us, 'What's wrong with the video?' I'm still kind of confused by all of this. I've dedicated myself to that place," fired pool manager Gabriel Gonzalez, 23, told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

What's worse is that thirteen of the fourteen were college students using their income to pay for tuition and books, ABC reports. Their biggest concern is how this might affect their futures in college, graduate school and the job market.

"To be blunt, this was my only job and my only source of income in terms of paying for books and contributing to my schooling. So as of right now I guess I'll be back on the job hunt, and I don't even know if I'm going to get any good recommendations now with this going on," fired lifeguard Michael Roa said.

"We just felt it was really unfair and not really grounds for termination," former lifeguard Alexander Huerta told CBS. "I thought maybe a write up or a suspension; not that I would be asked to leave," fired lifeguard Daniel Surmenian agreed.

It's wrong. So wrong ! To fire a sexy looking college student. :biggrin:

The management should wear a good pair spectacles. :p

I hope the community will support them.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Leongsam: that is a very unkind statement to make. Someday when you are rescued from drowning, I hope some fat lump of lard comes sit on your face to give you mouth-to-mouth.

Cheers!

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal

So very true. Need to know how to resuscitate correctly too.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Leongsam: that is a very unkind statement to make. Someday when you are rescued from drowning, I hope some fat lump of lard comes sit on your face to give you mouth-to-mouth.

Cheers!

Rest assured. I've already zapped him for that comment. :smile: