1. IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Life Sucks]: Vast majority of NSmen not even fit to take physical fitness test.

Discussion in 'The Political / Serious Zone [no rep deductions]' started by bic_cherry, May 15, 2014.

1. bic_cherry

bic_cherry Alfrescian Old Timer

Vast majority of NSmen not even fit to take physical fitness test(?let alone able to pass it?).
    Okay, I don't know the pass rates, but just over 1/3 (116,000 servicemen) being cleared to attempt a basic fitness test, is I think something like a crying shame...

Somewhere, I read that the immediately mobilisable number of men SAF has is 300,000. Wikipedia places the number at over 800,000 reservist, see: Singapore Armed Forces (Wikipedia).

If 300k forces base is used, then 116k is like 38.7% testable only.
    If 800k forces base is used, then only 14.5% fit to attempt the fitness test.
    The rest are not even fit to attempt the test: I.e. MAJORITY CANNOT even attempt to run 2.4km.

For the majority who do not qualify to run 2.4km or some other alternative testable equivalent, I really wonder if they are fit to chase the enemy at all.

It is perhaps high time a new role is found for these physically unfit (/chow keng) NSmen considering other pressing social needs: or does the majority of SAF just consists of an admin/ wayang service: e.g. store man/ logistics/ clerical/ polishing/ repairs/ cleaning etc work?

Maybe palliative care nursing would be a good way to serve NS, then terminally ill Singaporeans would not have to write to the Straits Times so frequently demanding euthanasia/ pleading their wish to die.

If Sinkies cannot even allow their fellowmen to die comfortable and happy, then I believe there is no point fighting for the next new day ......

Minister Khaw paid just S$8 for a new lease of life: there is NO convincing reason why simple, peaceful, hygiene palliative care should not be FOC.
    [​IMG](IMG source)

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. steffychun

steffychun Alfrescian Old Timer

Home Page:
    IPPT RT has always sucked.