• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL Regime's Fat Paycheque Put Into Prespective

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL Regime's Fat Paycheque Put Into Prespective

I am writing this letter to you to tell you how great you are. You are doing an excellent job running a country that is 710 square kilometers in size and most importantly you are doing everything you can to ensure that the needs of the 5 million people living here are met. Your job must be really tough for you to be deservingly the highest paid political leader in the world. I can understand that the highest paid leader must be a really busy person so I am not writing directly to you as you probably will not have the time to read this letter and it has nothing to do with the climate of fear that your henchmen said doesn’t exist in Singapore.

I believe your tight schedule must involve having many meetings with your dad for advices on ways to run a country well and looking at the way things are right now, I believe you had been consulting our very brilliant Senior Minister, the same one with lighting quick witted responses when faced with critics who so effortlessly charmed 35-45% of the residents living in Hougang and Potong Pasir. Your dad is a wise old man so it is only right that he continues to help you in running the country. In fact, I can clearly see the similarities between the two of you except on areas such as charisma and wit that he possessed in his younger days. However, you do score well in similarity when it comes to looks (I can put an orang utan beside the both of you and I really wont be able to tell the difference), the current state of senile mind and the warm and caring heart he has especially for the poor. The policies you both had put in to help the poor are surely good for the old aunties picking trash for a living. I’m pretty sure they are eternally thankful to you for your policies that have helped create large amount of trash so generously donated by the ballooning population.

Recently I did some research on the highest paid political leaders in the world and this is what I found on msn (in USD):

Singapore
Prime Minister: Lee Hsien Loong
Salary: $2,750,000
Size: 710 sq km
Population: 5m
GDP (PPP): $255.388B
Hong Kong
Chief Executive: Donald Tsang
Salary: $515,300
Size: 1,140 sq km
Population: 7.06m
GDP (PPP): $322.486B

USA
President: Barak Obama
Salary: $400,000
Size: 9,826,675 sq km
Population: 308.74m
GDP (PPP): $14.256T
Ireland
Taoiseach: Brian Cowen*
Salary: $342,400
Size: 84,421 sq km
Population: 6.19m (2008)
GDP (PPP): $174B

France
President: Nicolas Sarkozy
Salary: $319,800
Size 674,843 sq km
Population: 65.82m
GDP (PPP): $2.146T
Australia
Prime Minister: Kevin Rudd
Salary: $315,800
Size: 7,617,930 sq km
Population: 22.58m
GDP (PPP): $882.362B
Canada
Prime Minister: Stephen Harper
Salary: $309,800
Size: 9,984,670 sq km
Population: 34.42m
GDP (PPP): 1.33T

South Africa
President: Jacob Zuma
Salary: $305,800
Size: 1,221,037 sq km
Population: .49.99m
GDP (PPP): 505.214B

* Brian Cowan who was the highest paid political leader in EU has stepped down as Taoiseach of Ireland and Enda Kenny has since taken over. Enda Kenny voluntarily reduced his pay from EU214,187 to EU200,000 when he took office in Mar 2011.
These are the 8 highest paid politicians in the world, including yourself but excluding your cabinet, as at 1 May 2010. From the look of it, we could have easily afforded the other 7 most expensive leaders in the world in 2010 and we will still have US$241,100 to spare. You must indeed be better than all of them put together and I believe that with the insignificant pay raise and bonus that you have awarded yourself recently, we could have added a few more world leaders to the list. Such as, German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, British Prime Minister David Cameron from the top 10 list and many leaders from other developed nations.

Land Size
Singapore (SGP): 710 sq km
The other 7 countries (7C): 29,410,716 sq km
41,424 times bigger

Population Size
SGP: 5 Million
7C: 494.8 Million
99 times bigger

GDP
SGP: 255 Billion
7C: 19.6 Trillion
77 times bigger

Cost of PM to manage each sq kilometer
SGP: US$3,873.24
7C: US$ 0.09
45,404 times more

Cost of PM to each taxpayer per year
SGP: US$0.55
7C: US$0.0051
108 times more

GDP generated from each dollar paid to PM
SGP: US$92,868
7C: US$7,818,590
84 times more

Looking at the charts above and the cost to taxpayers, I can safely conclude that your job must be even more difficult than Donald Tsang, Barak Obama, Brian Cowan, Nicolas Sarkozy, Kevin Rudd, Stephen Harper and Jacob Zuma put together. Dealing with natural disasters, wars, terrorist threats, war threats, epidemics, providing infrastructure on lands 41,424 times bigger than Singapore, providing jobs, education and civil services for 494,800,000 people would pale in comparison to the magnitude of problems we face here. Must have been a tough job handling the flood in Orchard Road and the dangerous hunt for the limping Mas Selamat in the jungle. It is forgivable for you to overlook his relatives’ homes when you were searching for him, you will need to pick the brains of someone from the Pars Society to derive an idea like that.

I would really love to do more research to see how many governments we can buy with your very efficient A-Team of 82 MPs running this 710 sq km of land but unfortunately I have to prepare my report over the weekend so that I can be ready for work next week just in case I get replaced by a cheap foreign talent like the leaders of the above 7 countries. You see, I still have a monumental but yet very affordable mortgage to pay off for the rest of my life so I really cannot afford to lose my job.

Meanwhile, since you have been working so hard for us, the unworthy citizens, you should really take a well-deserved break from work. May I suggest you take your entire family for a holiday in Fukushima, I am sure you will enjoy the fresh air there. Better yet, bring your entire cabinet along! You can rest assured that our taxpayers will be more than happy to pay for your trip there.

Lastly before I key off, in the very likely event that you will misunderstand my mail, I should very clearly point out to you that the letter was written with SARCASM (sar-casm – noun: a sharply ironical taunt). No, not in parts, but in its entirety.

emperor270353

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, vote for change and when the Opposition is voted in, one of the immediate action should be to review Ministerial Salaries...I propose that MM and SM should not be paid their exisiting salary as they are not running a Ministry. They are there on an advisory capacity hence I suggest maybe $50,000 a month is more ie $600,000 pa + bonus etc...what say u..?