• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

know thy enemy ...

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
sun zi, or was it machiavelli, or both of them -- once said 'if thou want to defeat thy enemy, thou must know thy enemy well' ...

so -- here's what THEY think of US ... (got these from yahoo answers) ... interesting parts highlighted in red ... parts we must know so we know when/where/how to hit back ...

:wink: :smile: :confused: :p

As far as I know, Singaporeans are generally friendly and courteous towards others. In my last five years living here, I seldom meet an inconsiderate Singaporean. I notice that Singaporeans seems like they complain a lot, but if ever you meet one, they are actually quite meek and rarely talks to strangers. Nevertheless, I feel that only a small number of Singaporeans are inconsiderate, but most of them are warm and friendly people.

xxxxx

And we notice a lot of singaporeans specially the chinese race, do not like asian foreigners coming in singapore, are they becoming racist? Since they are not even american or european? I bet they are not different from us. (from the english, this must be your friendly PRCian studying in beach rd language school) ...

xxxx

Its not really a habit but more of a personality trait. Singaporeans have the tendency to think too highly of themselves. They have very high superiority complex and its very irritating. Good thing I also have some Singaporean friends who sort of balance the bad impression I have of Singaporeans -- however, these Singaporean friends of mine shares my disgust of their own countrymen looking down at other nationals.

xxxx

Singaporeans are very egoistic, bossy and loves to insult others. Almost everyone I know dislike Singaporeans because of the negative attitude they have towards others especially to foreigners. And no matter how hard they try to pretend that they are good English speakers, well,, they are not. You guys have poor ugly accent with poor grammar and poor attitude.

xxxx
agreed that the wrost thing about Singaporeans (after living here for 7 years) is the attitude & discrimination towards foreigners... excluding caucasians! Why Singaporeans have to be so rude to other Asians?? Please don't forget you are all part of Asians too! Also, Singaporeans don't seem to know how to say please, excuse me or thank you at all which is just the basic courtesy for human.

(there are too many of u vermins around, thats why ... in western countries, u guys would have been killed by mobs) ...

xxxx

worst habit ever - not speaking in proper english! my god its so annoying!!! With the "lah" and the chinese words in English. Isnt it such a turn off for foreigners like me who are expecting flawless english from singapore?
"I do this part, you do that, can? I send my part to you after I finish" - a typical singaporean.
they mix up the tenses and plural stuff so much!

xxxx

was just thinking about this. I am a new resident here and have noticed a few things. I just left Japan having lived there for 7 years.
Guess what? I really don't want to hear your phone or your conversation in whatever language it might be. Even in Japan, the king of cellphones, very little use on the trains and bus. Limited to sms or mms. Take notice.
Everyone seems to be on a Sunday stroll. I'm a bit taller than most but come on, it's a snails pace and no clue they are holding up traffic.
FLOSSING! OMG, some of the rankest breath I have been subjected to. The last case some guy made a point to lean over on the escalator and tell me, "In Singapore we stand on the left and walk on the right". I told him, "Yes I know, but there is no one on the right side". I was walking slowly up the right and stopped to look behind me when he made it his point to say this. What I should have said was, "Your breath smells like 6 stray cats used it as a litter box".
Believe it or not, everything isn't business and it's not all about you. I'm single, well off and not too ugly but buddha I have no desire to enter into the singles scene with these egotists.
Love your country in many ways, but it ain't all that.

xxxx

Most answers that I read suggest the govt need to teach this and that. Ppl here rely too much on the govt to teach, tell you what you can or cannot do, set the rules and law. The reality is, these simple things need to be taught from home since day one. And most of all are just plain old common sense that need not be taught!

1- Stop pushing and shovvling
2- Don't cut the line
3- Say Please, Excuse me, Thank you, I'm sorry
4- Stop putting all those damn tissues on the chairs or table to reserved your spot.
5- Learn how to be a better pedestrians
6- Stop honking at the car infront of you as soon as the light turns green. GOSH! Have they not heard of the 3 seconds rule?!!!
7- It is ok to say "Hello, how are you" or "Hello, good morning" to strangers. It is just polite.
8- SMILE!!!!(for goodness sake) (now, this one we will do after we get rid of loong and his papa) ...
9- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, stop speaking Singlish and think that is English.

:rolleyes: