• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kids getting too much pocket money?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kids getting too much pocket money?

A STOMPer came across several primary school children at a fastfood restaurant, who did not even balk at paying $9 for a meal, and wonders if children these days are receiving too much money from their parents.

Wendy was surprised at this.

In her email to STOMP, the STOMPer says:

"I was having lunch near Hougang area on Monday at Mcdonald's in a shopping mall.

"It was about 1pm and the nearby primary school had just released the students for the day.

"I was quite surprised when I heard one student exclaim that her meal cost her $8 and the other friend's cost $9.

"I guess it could be upsizing and topping up the meal that caused it to be so expensive.

"All of them were by themselves and I didn't see any parents accompanying them.

"Are Singaporean primary school kids getting too much pocket money that they do not know how to cut down on their spending?"

A

Alu862

This is the abuse of freedom of speech. STOMPER ought to be arrested for being a paedophile